Sunday, July 10, 2011

Review: Survivors

This novella gives us a glimpse of life in the Box between the events of Aftertime and Rebirth.  It's very short... less than 30 pages, but it manages to maintain the feel of the full length books.

The story begins with the arrival of a young boy and his grandmother to the Box.  The old woman is dying and the boy, Feo, has no one.  Cass and Smoke open their tent to him for the night, while Dor decides whether the child can stay.  At first Cass fantasizes a little that Feo will join her family with Smoke and little Ruthie.  But the boy latches on to one of the guards, making her realize that he needs things she can't give him.

There's not a lot to this, and you don't need to read it for Rebirth to make sense.  Feo is present in that book, but the events of his arrival are given in clear enough language that you won't miss anything. Still, I'm such a fan of this series, I wouldn't skip any tidbit that Littlefield offers. 4 stars.

Survivors 
by Sophie Littlefield
Release Date: July 1, 2011
Publisher: Luna Books

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 3:33:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Paperback Daydreamer (Deanna) said...

I have Aftertime on my TBR list right now. My friend Diana at Offbeat Vagabond reviewed both of those and did an interview with Sophie. After all that I had to place the book on my TBR list. I'm going to make a note of this one so I remember to read it after I read the two books. :-D

 
At Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 3:35:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Paperback Daydreamer (Deanna) said...

I guess I should say I'd read this one after I read Aftertime. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home