Sunday, July 3, 2011

Review: Lady of Seduction

Caroline is a young widow on an adventure. She travels to the isle of Muirin Inish, to find an ancient book and Grant, the man who has it. Before she married, Caroline knew there was something between her and Grant. But when he was badly burned in a fire, he moved away and she went on with her life.  Now, on the island, her feelings come rushing back.  Only, she is no longer an innocent.  She finally understands the passion she is feeling and wants to act on it.

Grant has changed a great deal since his days as a devious and handsome rake. The fire scarred his face and he has hidden himself away.  But despite all of his intentions to stay away from Caroline, she breaks down his resolve almost instantly.  The pull and the passion between these two is fantastic. And the love scenes are very hot and steamy. It's always a treat to get a heroine who is not a simpering virgin!

Even in his seclusion, Grant is trying to help his fellow Irishman fight for freedom.  He is working as a double agent for the French. But that brings danger into his castle... both for him and for Caroline.  It forces them to go on the run, as they try to courier the vital information Grant has uncovered.  The book did start to lose me a little bit when it really started delving into Irish history. I respect authors who take the time and effort to make sure their novels are historically accurate.  However, I'm not terribly interested in Irish history, nor do I have enough of a working knowledge of it for the names and events to be recognizable for me.  Other than "Napoleon," everything pretty much drew a blank in my head.  And the last third of the book leaned a bit heavily into this area, so I had a hard time following.

This was the third book in a trilogy, and while it was obvious there was backstory, I didn't get lost in that regard.  Obviously, Grant and Caroline have a history and I'm a little wistful that I missed out on it. But this still worked as a standalone.  The romance was strong and sexy. The hero and heroine come across as equals --who save each other in different ways and at different points all throughout the book.  Almost 4 stars.

*ARC Provided by NetGalley
Lady of Seduction
by Laurel McKee
Release Date: June 1, 2011
Publisher: Forever (GCP)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 11:11:00 AM CDT , Blogger Book Savvy Babe said...

Thanks for the review, I have this in my netgalley pile, but I was a bit worried about this being book 3, and I haven’t read the first books, but hopefully I can get into it. Book Savvy Babe

 
At Monday, July 4, 2011 at 11:26:00 PM CDT , Blogger Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Fab review. You read very interesting books. I keep coming back to hear more :)

 
At Tuesday, July 5, 2011 at 12:24:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Thank you! I'm always hopping around between Historical Romances, Paranormal Romances and Urban Fantasies...

 
At Friday, December 30, 2011 at 7:05:00 AM CST , Anonymous lovestory said...

Thanks for a nice collection. Hot love story http://lovestory28.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home