Friday, September 21, 2012

Review: Prince, Bewitched

Reviewed by Shelly
 
Sylvia dreams of opening her own hair salon, but as a household maid, she has no way of being able to afford it. Until one day when she hears that Prince Xavier is not only sick, but the royal family is offering a reward of £1 million to whoever cures him. The best doctors, soothsayers and herbalists have been completely befuddled by what aches the Prince.

Sylvia is convinced that the reason for the Prince’s illness is the Faeries. Although only young children are supposed to be able to see Fae, for some unknown reason, Sylvia can still see them. So off she goes to find a cure for the Prince and gain her reward.

There were a few things that weren’t believable to me: when Sylvie breaks into the palace to go to Xavier’s room, there were no guards (it’s a palace for goodness sake); the ease with which Xavier and his sister accepted Sylvie (after a single conversation); and the big one – why would Sylvia have sex with people she neither knew or could identify their species? Even in supernatural worlds, things still have to make sense to me.

Here’s what I really liked. I thought Sylvie was a very likeable character. She was adorable and made quite a few witty references that made me giggle (and even laugh out loud). She still has a ways to go before I understand her but from what I’ve read so far, she is more than meets the eye. I thought Xavier had some redeemable qualities but he’s got a long way to go to show me he’s deserving of Sylvia. Now Xavier’s best friend, Richard, is a straight up freak who’s hiding something and I can’t wait to find out what that is in the next one (ya hear me Tula?) There were a couple of other secondary characters who also have a lot of promise to make this a good series.

Overall, while there were moments when I had to say to myself – Nah, she wouldn’t do that! Oh dang it, yes she did! I really enjoyed this story and I really liked Sylvie and I’m rooting for her to have both her Prince and her HEA.

Happy reading folks!

Rating: B

*ARC provided by author for review


Click to purchase: Amazon
Prince, Bewitched
by Tula Neal
Release Date: September 7, 2012

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, September 21, 2012 at 6:51:00 PM CDT , Blogger DBookWhore said...

Sounds like an awesome read! Great review.

 
At Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 11:23:00 AM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

It was fun, that's for sure.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home