Friday, September 21, 2012

5 for Friday - September 21

A sick husband and a sick kid this week.  Plus the other kid had a birthday. Throw in a cheerleading/ football game event, various sports practices, cupcake making, and school projects --and I am desperately in need of some "me-time." I have no idea when it will happen, but I can dream.  Let's talk about fun stuff.

5. I have been stalking Sherrilyn Kenyon forever since I found she was planning this Styxx book.  Now she's got more deets about him on her website. She says, in part:


...(I)n many ways, it's another story of Acheron. You will see events that weren't in his book and I know Styxx will win you over. In all honesty, he was done wrong and it will break your heart.  Misjudged, condemned, betrayed and abandoned... There is a whole side of him that no one knows.


I am so anxious!! Only 11 months to go.

4. Shiloh Walker, aka JC Daniels, has revealed the cover for book two in her Colbana Files series.  Take a look at Night Blade:

Kit Colbana is always biting off more than she can chew. She has a knack for finding trouble. This time, though, trouble finds her. Someone from her past drops a case into her lap that she just can’t refuse…literally.

People on the Council are dying left and right and she’s been requested to investigate the deaths. The number one suspect? Her lover, Damon. If she doesn’t clear his name, he gets a death sentence. Even if she succeeds? They still might try to execute him. Oh, and she’s not allowed to tell him about the case, either.

The stakes are high this time around, higher than they’ve ever been. Kit may be forced to pay the ultimate price to save her lover’s life…a price that could destroy her and everything she loves.

I really enjoyed Blade Song so I have high hopes for this one.

3. JR Ward is sharing tidbits on the next Fallen Angel book, Rapture. Every day, she is releasing a new little video on her Facebook page, which is evil and refuses to allow me to embed her clips. However, you can click on the pretend video player below and it will take you to the clip where she is talking about the heroine.


Rapture is out Tuesday.  Please, JR, you must fix this Eddie thing.

2. I really loved the ARC of Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed by Anna Campbell. It's a Beauty & the Beast type of historical romance (also out Tuesday.)


Forever is giving away seven copies. You can win it before you can buy it. Check out the giveaway here.

1. And finally, Karen Marie Moning is answering some of the big questions about the next book in her Fever series, ICED.  If I wasn't nervous before, I definitely am now. (I was totally nervous before, but now it's worse.)

Here are some of the high points:
  • The next three books will be Fever #6-8
  • The titles are ICED, BURNED & FLAYED
  • They will be Dani POV
  • She will be 14 at the beginning of her 3 book arc and 17 when it's over
  • Dani will have sex with one of the guys who is in ICED
  • Books #9-10 will be Mac POV
  • These are not teen fiction
  • ICED will not end in a cliffhanger
Without crossing the line into too much information, I know all too well that teens Dani's age have sex.  But if it's with a being who is hundreds (or thousands) of years old, I'm out.

I loved the Fever books. Loved.  But I am scared. Somebody needs to read this for me and give me the all clear.

I've got big news coming next week!  I can't wait to share.  Until then... stay to the light!

XOXO,
Jen

 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Friday, September 21, 2012 at 9:25:00 AM CDT , Blogger Underworld Love Addiction said...

I need to get caught up on the Dark Hunters series before this book comes out. I was plowing through it but got side tracked a few months ago :( Enjoyed Seven Nights in a Rogues bed (still haven't written my review though). Was a little slow at the beginning but ended up to be a nice steamy read. JR Ward and Karen Moning are both evil, and they know it. I am so anxious to read Iced... and nervous. I mever liked Dani but I have faith that I will come to love her. Mac 1.0 was annoying to and we all know how in love with this series I now. The news about Dani and the upcoming series plan was kind of a shocker from what we had been told prior to this. I wish Dani was going to be older but oh well. Rapture kind of snuck up on me. I knew it was coming out soon but just realized how soon. May have to rethink my reading plans for next week. Rapture and my current book might get me through 'til the 2nd when we'll have Reflected in You and Poison Princess :)

 
At Friday, September 21, 2012 at 10:00:00 AM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

...(I)n many ways, it's another story of Acheron.

Oh geeze...I already feel like I'm getting emotionally exhausted

 
At Friday, September 21, 2012 at 10:04:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

The Dark Hunter books have veered away from the Acheron/ New Orleans storylines a lot! I miss them.

I was never a big Dani fan either... but like you, I didn't like Mac in the beginning either. I just hope she ends up with someone close to her age.

I am reealllly excited for Reflected in You, but I think I am going to skip Poison Princess. I do love KC, but I'm not big on YA, and I have heard mixed reviews on this one.

 
At Friday, September 21, 2012 at 10:05:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I am so curious about how he'll be redeemed. He was so horrible in Acheron's book.

 
At Friday, September 21, 2012 at 2:55:00 PM CDT , Blogger Amber Hughes said...

I'm really looking forward to Styxx! The last two books have unfortunately been my least favorite of the series, but I'm hoping it gets back to what I love about this series, especially the New Orleans gang :-)

I've got Rapture pre-ordered and can't wait to read it!

*on a side note: Have you heard anything more about Cloak & Silence (League Series). I still can't find pre-order links for it :(

 
At Friday, September 21, 2012 at 3:03:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I know it's supposed to be out December 15th and that Sherrilyn told me that it would be somewhere between a novella and full length novel in size. --And I know I am DYING to read it.-- Does that help at all?

LOL. I don't know why it's not available for pre-order. If I had to guess... and mind you, this is a GUESS... it may be a side project self-pub. Those generally have much less lead time on pre-orders.

 
At Friday, September 21, 2012 at 4:27:00 PM CDT , Blogger Amber Hughes said...

Thanks Jen! All I knew was the release date, but nothing else. Oh, I didn't think about self-pub. That's a great guess! :-)

 
At Friday, September 21, 2012 at 7:30:00 PM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to the Iced! I'll be sure to let you know if it's safe. I realize that this book has the potential of ruining a phenomenal series but I cannot not read it! It's Karen Marie Moning after all... It HAS to be good!

 
At Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 11:02:00 PM CDT , Blogger Allison said...

I realize that this book has the potential of ruining a phenomenal series

I think that's my biggest fear. We all thought that the last book was the LAST book & maybe that's what made it so amazing? I don't want her to ruin it with a 15 yr old! That age group should stay in YA.

I don't have a problem with 18+ but actual teenagers squick me out. :/ We shall see!

 
At Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 2:45:00 PM CDT , Blogger Underworld Love Addiction said...

Me too. I had faith in Gena Showalter to make me love her lateat YA, so I will with KC too. Hopefully I like it.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home