Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Review: Nightshifted

Reviewed by Allison
 
Nightshifted is the first book in the "Shifted" series by newbie Cassie Alexander. I was originally drawn to the book because the cover & the blurb promised me a paranormal Grey's Anatomy. 

LIES.

Edie Spence is a nurse at the County Hospital in the Y4 level, a top secret level that only the people who work on it know about. They take care of shifters, vamps, zombies, or any other paranormally inclined beast. She hates her job, but she does it because the "Shadows" who rule the hospital have promised to keep her addict of a brother clean if she stays. With nowhere else to go, she sucks it up & takes the third shift. While working, she sees her first vampire change, encounters her first sexy zombie, & fights off a lethal shifter gone crazy.

There were a lot of things that happened to Edie, but there wasn't much of an actual story. There was situation after situation that she dealt with that eventually strung together to create a very thin storyline, but it was long in coming & didn't make much sense once you got there. She had a fling with a doctor & a zombie that she met on Y4 who she ended up falling for. I think that had a lot to do with why I didn't get the romance. Not only was it not very romantic, but I guess I just don't do zombies. I don't think having to rip people apart to get their body parts so you can heal is hot. I wouldn't want to kiss a different mouth each time. I couldn't ignore the flesh dripping off the bone after my boyfriend got in a fight. *shudder*

The second book, Moonshifted, is out now but I'm not in any hurry to read it. It wasn't terrible. The writing was decent, but I prefer following a general story idea throughout my books. If you enjoy dark, graphic, horror then this might be for you. As I don't, I really didn't enjoy it.

Rating: D

Click to purchase: Amazon
Nightshifted
by Cassie Alexander
Release Date: May 22, 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Press

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home