Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Review: Off the Shelf

Reviewed by Shelly
 
Holy moly Batman, this is one interesting and pretty fast ride.

Blurb: At 35, travel writer Annalise is fed up with insensitive comments about being left on the shelf. It’s not as if she doesn’t want a man, but her busy career doesn’t leave her much time for relationships. Liaisons with passing acquaintances give Annalise physical satisfaction, but she needs more than that. She wants a man who will satisfy her mind as well as her body. She’s in luck when a new member of staff starts working in the bookshop at the airport she regularly travels through. Damien appears to tick all the boxes; he’s gorgeous, funny and intelligent, and he shares Annalise’s love of books and travel. The trouble is, Damien’s shy and Annalise is terrified of rejection.

Review: This is my first Lucy Felthouse novel, and let me tell you folks she's got a great imagination on her. Annalise reminded me of Samantha from Sex In The City or if that's not a good point of reference for you then picture a 35-year-old woman with the sex drive of a teenage boy. Yeah, I know it's a weird combination but what do you call someone who has 'liaisons with passing acquaintances' – anything with a passing stranger constitutes a one-night stand.

Yes, Annalise is a bit of a horn dog but the way her character comes off is still likeable. Did I think she’s a horn dog? Heck yeah I did but I still wanted her to get her HEA with Damien. I was slightly disappointed that I didn’t get more of Damien’s personality but alas he was still quite yummy and wonderful for Annalise. And let me tell ya folks, the sex between those two was pretty smokin’ hot.

I will definitely read more from this writer.

Happy reading folks!

Rating: B-

*Book provided by author for review

Click to purchase: Amazon
Off the Shelf
by Lucy Felthouse
Release Date: May 30, 2012
Publisher: XCite Books

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 12:25:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

It bothers me that this book is about a 35 year-old woman when the cover model looks about 19.

 
At Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 9:20:00 PM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

You and me both! Seems may-decemberish...But trust me, it's way better than the first cover that I saw.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home