Friday, June 15, 2012

5 for Friday - June 15

As you read this, I am kicking back and (hopefully) enjoying my vacation.  It's been a great week for reading. I finally treated myself to that Once Burned arc and it totally lived up to my expectations! The best from Jeaniene Frost I have read in a long time.  I also read Tempest's Fury and am still reeling from the killer ending. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to read this weekend, but what I think makes a good vacation isn't always what the rest of the family has in mind.  All I know is that if someone says "bathing suit" to me, they are getting a kick in the shin.

5. Karen Marie Moning has released the blurb for her new Fever-world book Iced.  Check it out:

The year is 1 AWC—After the Wall Crash. The Fae are free and hunting us. It’s a war zone out there, and no two days are alike. I’m Dani O’Malley, the chaos-filled streets of Dublin are my home, and there’s no place I’d rather be.

Dani “Mega” O’Malley plays by her own set of rules—and in a world overrun by Dark Fae, her biggest rule is: Do what it takes to survive.

Possessing rare talents and the all-powerful Sword of Light, Dani is more than equipped for the task. In fact, she’s one of the rare humans who can defend themselves against the Unseelie. But now, amid the pandemonium, her greatest gifts have turned into serious liabilities.

Dani’s ex–best friend, MacKayla Lane, wants her dead, the terrifying Unseelie princes have put a price on her head, and Inspector Jayne, the head of the police force, is after her sword and will stop at nothing to get it. What’s more, people are being mysteriously frozen to death all over the city, encased on the spot in sub-zero, icy tableaux.

When Dublin’s most seductive nightclub gets blanketed in hoarfrost, Dani finds herself at the mercy of Ryodan, the club’s ruthless, immortal owner. He needs her quick wit and exceptional skill to figure out what’s freezing Fae and humans dead in their tracks—and Ryodan will do anything to ensure her compliance.

Dodging bullets, fangs, and fists, Dani must strike treacherous bargains and make desperate alliances to save her beloved Dublin—before everything and everyone in it gets iced."

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  Dani is obviously still quite young. There is no talk about romance --and I'm glad.  I can't quite imagine Mac really trying to kill her. I'm not a big Dani fan, but I keep reminding myself that I didn't like Mac in the beginning either, so I will definitely give it a chance. (I am a little scared, though.)

4. Maya Banks has revealed the cover for her upcoming Highlander Most Wanted.


It's gorgeous, right? This is for the second book in her series Montgomery/Armstrong series, out in February.  Book one, Never Seduce a Scot, releases September 25th.

3. New Magic Mike trailer. Perhaps the best thing that has happened to me this week.  I know I shared it with many of you on Twitter, but it's worth it to watch it again, yes?



It's got bare asses and big dicks in silhouette. My life is complete. (The banner says July 11th, but it's out June 29th.)

2. I don't usually spend much time talking about YA or Twilight kind of stuff, but have you seen the Entertainment Weekly cover on the new Breaking Dawn movie?


It is positively creepy how much that little girl looks like she could be their child.  Wow.

1. I told myself I wouldn't watch True Blood this season, but then I asked myself, What if Joe Manganiello gets naked?  Then, of course, I watched it.  And he kept all of his goddamn clothes on.  I saw Sheriff Andy's bare white ass. I saw Sam's extremely mooby moobs.  But Alcide didn't even take off his shirt. What. The. Hell.  I am totally not watching next week.   



But what if Joe Manganiello gets naked?  Who am I kidding?

A big thanks to everyone who participated in the Shameless Summer Hop this past week.  You guys are the best!

Until next time!
XOXO
Jen

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Friday, June 15, 2012 at 8:33:00 AM CDT , Blogger Amber I @ Awesomesauce said...

I am a little scared about Iced too. But like you said I did not at all like Mac in the beginning so I am giving it a chance.
I have not read Maya Banks but its looking like I need to.
Also I have not watched True Blood after the 2nd season. I read the books and when the show just totally went away from them, I couldn't handle it.

 
At Friday, June 15, 2012 at 8:47:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

LOL. Every season I say I'm going to quit watching because of how much they have changed the story from the books. And yet, somehow I've never stopped.

I think it has something to do with the man candy.

 
At Friday, June 15, 2012 at 10:03:00 AM CDT , Blogger Cayce said...

True Blood is such a guilty pleasure :P
(I'm watching the new season, too)

 
At Friday, June 15, 2012 at 10:34:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

It's a guilty pleasure for me sometimes. But sometimes it drives me nuts. (Like the maenad. Ugh.)

 
At Friday, June 15, 2012 at 11:54:00 AM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Iced is probably my most anticipated novel for 2012, and like you, I'm not too crazy about Dani, I have to trust KMM to turn my feelings around, I know she's absolutely capable of doing.
I really don't know what to think about True Blood, I don't know where they are going with the series, and to be honest, I'm not too crazy about the show since they cut Eric's hair..LOL

 
At Friday, June 15, 2012 at 12:28:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I did like the long hair, but I got used to the cut. ASkars is definitely one of the reasons I still watch.

 
At Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 12:26:00 AM CDT , Blogger Underworld Love Addiction said...

Iced - I was really hoping that there would be a big jump in the time frame. I wanted Dani to be older so we could get a little hot Ryodan action. I was also hoping Dani would be older and perhaps less annoying but I still have faith in Ms. Moning... she never disappoints :)
Magic Mike - Yum! That's all :)
BD Cover - I think they did a great job with casting her. I love the cover with Emmett and Bella arm wrestling also.
True Blood - Okay so no naked Alcide but come on, you have to admit that growl was yummy ;)

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home