Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Review: A Sticky Situation

Reviewed by Shelly
 
Blurb: If there is a paving stone to trip over, or a drink to knock over, then Sally Briers will trip over it or spill it. Yet somehow Sally is the successful face of marketing for a major pharmaceutical company; much to the disbelief of her new boss, Cameron James.

Forced to work together on a week-long conference in an Oxford hotel, Sally is dreading spending so much time with arrogant new boy Cameron, whose presence somehow makes her even clumsier than usual.

Cameron, on the other hand, just hopes he’ll be able to stay professional, and keep his irrational desire to lick up all the accidentally split food and drink that is permanently to be found down Sally’s temptingly curvy body, all to himself.

Review: I had some trouble putting a review together for this one. Sally is very clumsy, can’t keep food from being spilled on her person or miss walking into a wall (we were told that one a couple of times but it never happened during the story).  To further complicate her life, she’s got a bit of a problem keeping relationships because she only goes for a certain type; and Cameron is not her usual type. I found Sally to be quite vapid. Her reluctance to get involved with Cameron seemed juvenile considering she had no problems with sex for the sake of sex before. Here’s an example of what I mean:
“Oh God, Sally, you’re fucking amazing." Cameron spunked into her as he spoke, his foam shooting against the back of her throat as she swallowed... [Sally’s response] "You treat me like I’m worthless…"
Yeah, I know what you’re thinking – spunked? I’ve not seen that word in a long time and I certainly didn’t miss it.

When it came to Cameron, I thought his character was childish in his treatment of Sally. Remember when you were young and the only way that boys would show that they liked you was my being mean to you, well that’s Cameron.

I can’t say that I ever become vested in either Sally or Cameron and the sex scenes while interesting (very food focused) never did tickle my fancy.

Happy reading folks!

Rating: C+

*Book provided by author for review

Click to purchase: Amazon
A Sticky Situation
by Kay Jaybee
Release Date: May 29, 2012
Publisher: XCite Books

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home