Monday, January 9, 2012

Review: Archangel's Consort

Not every author can keep the spark alive for one central couple over the course of multiple books. But I have grown more and more interested in Elena & Raphael and their world with every successive story in the Guild Hunter series. Both characters are truly evolving as individuals, which makes the evolution of their relationship so much more believable and satisfying.

The main foil in this installment is Raphael's mother. She is waking from the sleep of Ancients. It's wreaking havoc with mother nature. And much of the vampire population seems to be going crazy with violence. It puts Raphael in a horrible position, as he still struggles with love for his mother, while knowing the depths of horror she is capable of rendering.

Elena continues her efforts to become a stronger angel, while still dealing with her own emotional demons from childhood. New developments bring her younger sisters back into her life and she once again must face her father and his cruelty.

What makes this book so good, though, is that while both Elena and Raphael struggle, they are relying on each other more and more. They are both becoming stronger as a result of the connection they share. And they are still really, really hot in the sack. The secondary characters continue to intrigue me. (I want stories for Illium and Jason... stat.) Plus, the action keeps me on the edge of my seat, page after page, without every growing tiresome.

What is growing a little tiresome, is all the parental angst. I'm ready for Elena to conquer some of her heartbreak, especially where her father is concerned.  4 1/2 stars.

Click to purchase: Amazon
Archangel's Consort
by Nalini Singh
Release Date: January 25, 2011
Publisher: Berkley

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Monday, January 9, 2012 at 9:45:00 AM CST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't read this series yet so I didn't read your review but I just wanted to say how much I LOVE this cover. This cover (along with all the amazing things people kept saying) is what drew me to Nalini Singh's series. I'm going to finish her Psy-Changeling books first then I'll dive into this one :-)

 
At Monday, January 9, 2012 at 10:01:00 PM CST , Blogger Katie Dalton said...

I'm finally starting this series next week!!! Freakin love Nalini's Psy-Changeling series and someone recommend this one for me to try next! Thanks for the heads up and I can't wait. :)

 
At Monday, January 9, 2012 at 10:08:00 PM CST , Blogger Sophia Rose said...

I just put this series on my wish list about a week ago. It sounds really good.

Thanks for the review!

 
At Monday, January 9, 2012 at 10:46:00 PM CST , Blogger Lexi said...

I just finished this book a couple days ago, loved it! I have read the first three books in the series in as many days. Singh has done a wonderful job with Elena and Raphael, they are growing and changing and their spark is only getting hotter.
Great review!

 
At Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 7:45:00 AM CST , Blogger RedButterfly said...

Yeah this series is great and I also LOVE the Psy-Changeling books too.

And I have happy news for you Jason's book is coming out tihs year, in September I think, and it's called Archangel's Storm

 
At Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 10:52:00 PM CST , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

It's gorgeous, isn't it?

 
At Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 10:52:00 PM CST , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Come back and let me know what you think.

 
At Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 10:54:00 PM CST , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I have the Psy-Changeling books on my TBR list. I swear I am going to read them one of these days.

 
At Monday, January 23, 2012 at 11:07:00 PM CST , Blogger AP said...

Yeah the romance is a bit unrealistic in the beginning, you just have to go with it. It does develop as the books go on. By the time we get to this one, I'd have to say I believe it. They become a unit by this book.

Oh and I am counting to days until the next book believe me. Jason is my favorite with Venom close behind. Although a few of the seven are kind of low key right now so we will see.

I'm think there will be a Venom/Sorrow paring, what do you think?

great review!

-Amanda P
Paranormal Romance

 
At Monday, January 23, 2012 at 11:18:00 PM CST , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Yes! I think so too. At first, I thought she would be the woman for Dmitri, but after his book, I definitely think she'll end up with Venom!

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home