Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review: Archangel's Kiss

I finally see what all the fuss is about. While Angels' Blood didn't quite knock my socks off, this second installment in the Guild Hunters series really did. And it has everything to do with the continuing evolution of the relationship between the archangel Raphael and the newly made angel Elena. Yes, there is still a great disparity in power between the two of them. But here, I finally believe that Raphael has feelings for her --and I see him making the effort to make things work between them.

Elena is the first made-Angel in centuries. All the other angels want a look at her... not just for the novelty of her, but for the chink she has put in Raphael's armor. Angels and vamps alike see her as a means to wound or defeat him --and that means she needs to get stronger, fast.

All this is going on as someone is making a power-play for the now-open position on the council of archangels. And they are doing it with violence inside the territories of other archangels and spreading dissension among them. And if that weren't enough, one of the oldest members of the council is raising an army of undead --while taking a disturbing interest in Elena and her past.

There is so, so much going on. I loved watching a real love story unfold between Raphael and Elena. I loved the great cast of secondary characters, all rich and multi-layered, with backstories I'm hungry to learn more about. The action is fast past and full of intrigue, with danger at every turn. And let's not forget the sex... the great, great sex. Mmmm. Loved it. 5 stars.

Click to purchase: Amazon
Archangel's Kiss
by Nalini Singh
Release Date: February 2, 2010
Publisher: Berkley

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 10:25:00 AM CST , Blogger Book Savvy Babe said...

Yay! Glad you are getting into the series, it's one of my fans :) Given, I still have to read the newest book, but it's waiting for me on my kindle.... I have a slight obsession with angels, so this series is one I really love... happy reading! Book Savvy Babe

 
At Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 10:27:00 AM CST , Blogger Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

Yet another series I have on my Nook but have not started yet. UGH.

 
At Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 12:44:00 PM CST , Blogger Lesley said...

I'm a huge Nalini Singh fan but I've always preferred her psy/changeling series to this one. Well I did until I read Archangel's Blade Dimitri's story. Phew I can't wait to see what you think of that one!

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home