Saturday, January 7, 2012

Review: The Canvas Thief

I tried. I really did. But I just could not get into this book. It wasn't necessarily bad, I just didn't connect with it.

The premise is pretty unique. An artist discovers that two of the characters she created have come to life. The characters/ men are immortal now, and she has the power to send them to an alternate universe where they could live with others of their kind. She falls in love with one while the other reveals himself to be a power-hungry villain.

First of all, it was really slow to get off the ground. Then it took even longer to establish the romance. When it did finally happen, I just didn't really feel much for either character or the relationship between them. It was just... meh. No real discernible sexual tension... too much ease in both the heroine and her friend's acceptance of the magic. The characters and the story just fell flat.

I almost put it down more than once due to lack of interest. Not for me. 2 1/2 stars.

*ARC Provided by NetGalley

Click to purchase: Amazon
The Canvas Thief
by Patricia Kirby
Release Date: January 9, 2012
Publisher: Carina Press

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home