Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Favorites: Blogs

There are so many great book blogs out there and I find more every day.  Since I started this site, the blogging community has been so welcoming and interactive.  I talk with many other reviewers, some daily, on Goodreads and Twitter. And I love visiting their blogs.  It makes reading and reviewing a much richer experience. 

Some of my favorite blogs are already big and successful. But some are still waiting to be discovered by the masses.  Here are some sites worth paying a visit:

Smexy Books 
When my blog grows up, I hope it turns out like Smexy.
Not exactly the same, of course. We all need our own identity. But Mandi provides insightful and balanced reviews; great author interviews; huge giveaways; and features that are equal parts snarky, lusty, and fun.  She is interactive with both followers and authors. An A+ site for romance fans.



 Fiction Vixen
This is another big one.  Fiction Vixen reviews so many of the books I am interested in.  The blog design is clean and easy to navigate.  Sophia cracks me up with her llama obsession and peen pictures during Random Friday posts.  And you can be sure, someone is always reading your comments and responding.  A class act.


 Parajunkee's View
First I have to give Rachel credit for the look of my blog. She designed it.  I also have to give her big props for the care she takes to help out new book bloggers.  Her Book Blogging 101 features answered a lot of questions I had early on. And I am still learning new things from her.  Parajunkee features Urban Fantasy as well as a healthy dose of YA reviews... as well as features and giveaways.





Under the Covers
This blog features some of my very favorite friends from Goodreads & Twitter.  Suzanne, Ann, and Francesca share my taste in books. They are great to dish with and they've given me some great recommendations and feedback. The blog also features a Hottie of the Week, which I thoroughly enjoy clicking on for a bit of hot man action. (You know I have a weakness for Man Candy!)


I also enjoy visiting:

I'm always finding new blogs, so I may add to this list.  But I'd also love to hear from you. All recommendations are welcome.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 2:42:00 PM CDT , Blogger Book Savvy Babe said...

all awesome blogs! Yay, I got an honorable mention :) Thanks babe! Book Savvy Babe

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 3:04:00 PM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Yep, you listed my most visited blogs too. I've only been blogging since April and I agree, what a wonderful community.

MichelleKCanada
Another Look Book Reviews

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 3:44:00 PM CDT , Blogger Brie said...

Had I known that I would be meeting so many wonderful people when I started the blog I would have done it much earlier. Thank you very much for the mention and yes, when I grow up I also want to be like Smexy, mostly because she has all those hot boyfriends !

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 3:55:00 PM CDT , Blogger Mandi said...

Thanks so much for the kind words!!

Oh man there are so many blogs I like! The Book Pushers, Leontine's Book Realm, Badass Book Reviews, Babbling About Books ane More, Erotic Horizon, Janicu's book blog, Lynette's Two Cents, Love to Read for Fun....I could keep going :)

Thanks again :)

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 4:47:00 PM CDT , Blogger jfort357 said...

Love following blogs!!! So much fun!!! Most of the ones you mentioned I visit too!!! I enjoy discovering new blogs!! Blogger have the best & truthful book reviews!!! I always seek out blogs to research a book of interest!!! Some other blogs I follow that you haven't mentioned are:

Riverina Romantics
The JeepDiva
Bitten by Paranormal Romance
Bite Club
Fangtastic Books
I Smell Sheep

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 5:26:00 PM CDT , Blogger Francesca said...

Wow, Jen! Thank you so much for putting UTC up there! All those blogs you mentioned are fabulous.

I'd like to add Romancing the Darkside, The Book Vixen, Literary Escapism, damn there's too many to list. Red Hot Books is up there. I stalk you often, hope you don't mind. And send me more smexy recs my way if you come across any! I'm always eager for some lovin'

Thanks again
Ann

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 10:21:00 PM CDT , Blogger Francesca said...

Jen we are so honored you mentioned us with such wonderful blogs! You have an amazing blog as well, that as Annie said, we stalk often. We love reading your reviews, they're truly some of the best! And I love your new blog design!!

Francesca

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 10:27:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

It's truly my pleasure, guys!

And thanks for the lovely compliments.

 
At Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 7:55:00 AM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

I think I follow all of those myself & they are among my favorites!

 
At Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 12:01:00 PM CDT , Blogger kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews said...

Dear Author is a must. I love their snarky reviews and news updates. But yeah, most of these blogs I too follow ;)

 
At Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 9:59:00 PM CDT , Blogger Tyraa said...

I agree all these blogs are awesome. I follow all of 'em religiously! ;)

 
At Friday, November 4, 2011 at 9:21:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

Yeah! I made the list. Hee Hee.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home