Saturday, May 25, 2013

Review: Their Taydelaan

Reviewed by Shelly
 
I’ve read quite a few of Clark’s stories and although I have been content with them in the past, this story left me with this feeling of ‘wait, wait, where’s the rest of it?’ This is part of a series, but it’s not promoted that way. The blurb didn’t hint of that either, but it was interesting enough that I took the plunge. While reading this, I felt that I missed too much to really understand the world or the characters.

This is a pretty short read (about 20K or about 40 pages ePub version). During a visit to see her sister in the hospital, Jade literally bumps into a man, Mitchell, who’s her Taydelaan – a genetically matched mate. I’m not sure how the matched genetics came into play because they’re from two different planets. Mitchell is Zachary’s husband and they’ve been waiting for their Taydelaan for quite some time. Three months after the hospital incident, Jade continues to dream of Mitchell and Zach but doesn’t understand why. After agreeing to go to the christening of her sister’s daughter, Jade, she can physically reconnect with Mitchell, meet Zachary, and finally find out the meaning behind her dreams.

Jade is hard and a little cold. I think she’s been through some things, but I’m not sure what. I was hoping to find out and that would have probably help in making her a more likable character. I definitely saw something I liked in her, but it didn’t all come to fruition. Surprising to me, even though this was a quick read (and maybe because it was) I expected to see more interaction between the three but to my dismay, there was more between the guys and not enough about Jade. Jade’s strained relationship with her sister might have explained some things, but I’m not sure because it wasn’t explained.  Maybe the reason for the tension was in another story.

Mitchell and Zachary were nice guys but I didn’t see why Jade ended up with them because she didn’t like them. That back story was missing and Jade going from ‘I don’t like you’ to ‘I want to have sex with you’ was so hurried it left me unable to enjoy the story. I felt so rushed, but that’s nothing new with my feelings with reading this author. I’ve forgiven it in the past because the premises were good for some of the stories.  But this one just felt flat for me.

Happy Reading Folks!

Rating: D

Click to purchase: Amazon
Their Taydelaan
by Rachel Clark
Release Date: April 12, 2011
Publisher: Siren

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home