Thursday, May 23, 2013

Review: Online Menage

Reviewed by Shelly
 
This is my first Kingston story and it was an okay read. I’m starting to question my sanity for reading these shorter stories because the majority of the time, I feel like I’m getting half a story. This is an m/m/f where the attraction started online. Alexis Thompson works as a graphic artist and for the past six months, she’s developed a crush on one of her company’s clients, Tyler Daniel. Tyler is in a gay relationship with Ryan Cooper. Unknowingly, Alexis and Ryan are online friends (supposed BFFs, but I don’t know how that can be if you don’t know each other’s real names). Finding out that the love of his life, Tyler, has kissed someone named Alex, Ryan is just beside himself with the what-if’s that could happen. Interesting idea, but I just didn’t feel it... neither the chemistry nor even vested in any of these characters.

A little new to me and a different way to deliver dialogue was done through texting and IM’s -- which I’m not fond of because I think that’s fine to say ‘hello’ and a quick ‘how ya doing’ but it’s no way for a couple or three to communicate.  It just kinda seems like an easy way out to have a misunderstanding between one or more characters. I’ll take the old school way of in-person, thanks.

I can’t give you too much, but it’s a cute read about a couple of guys who’re in a committed relationship and after so many years of ‘missing something’ they decide that the something is Alexis. Alexis is actually a pleasant and likable character, but I did have a problem with her breaking up with one boyfriend one day and jumped in bed with these two by the next. Just sayin’.

Ryan ‘Big Red’ was a nice guy and although the more physically imposing of the two, he was the softer hearted one. Tyler, although still likable, was more gruff and domineering. I think the story line left me with too many open questions about Ryan and Tyler’s background and how they got together. Also, there were some timeline questions between Ryan and Alexis online friendship that were confusing to me and threw me enough to make me re-read.

Overall, this was an okay story, not anything great, but not bad either. So if you’re wanting a little sexting in your m/m/f story – this might do the trick.

Happy Reading Folks!

Rating: C

Click to purchase: Amazon
Online Menage
by Sara Kingston
Release Date: January 1, 2012
Publisher: Siren

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home