Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Review: Angel in Chains

Reviewed by Jen
 
If you've been on the fence about trying one of the books in The Fallen series, now is the time. I enjoyed this one.  And even though it's the third installment, you should have no trouble following along. There is plenty of action, hot sex, a fantastic heroine, and a virgin hero who happens to be a fallen angel.  Rrrrraw.

The story begins as Azrael stumbles across Jade while she is being threatened by several shifters.  She is only a human, but something about her draws him in.  He saves her life --and as the former Angel of Death, it is the first time he has ever stepped in to stop someone from dying.

The attack on Jade was no random incident. She is being stalked by her ex-boyfriend, the panther pack alpha.  And she has come to realize that either she must kill him or he is going to kill her.  He's already killed everyone she has ever loved, so she has nothing left to lose.

Az becomes her champion, though it takes awhile before she realizes what a powerful ally she has. What takes nearly no time at all, however, is the amazing sexual tension between these two.  Tension --and phenomenal payoff too.  The sex is really good... though Azrael's virginity is downplayed a bit.

Anyway, I really liked Jade. She has been through so much with her sadistic ex. And even though she is only human, she has a deep well of strength.  She does what she must to survive, but she doesn't lose who she is in the process.  I loved watching her find a hero in Az, especially since he is so sure he is not hero material. He is so very wrong.  --He is a fabulous hero. When he falls, he falls hard.  He would burn the world for her.  And that in itself becomes a real threat as the story goes on.

The way Cynthia Eden took on the climax of this story deserves its own shout-out.  She slammed me in the gut with how she made it play out.  I can't say more because I wouldn't want to spoil it, but it really wow'ed me.

I liked this one a lot.

Rating: B+


*ARC Provided by Kensington

Click to purchase: Amazon
Angel in Chains
by Cynthia Eden
Release Date: November 27, 2012
Publisher: Brava

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 9:47:00 AM CST , Blogger Book Savvy Babe said...

shifters and angels? I think I'm gonna have to try it ;) Book Savvy Babe

 
At Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 10:31:00 AM CST , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Let me know if you do! I'd love to hear what you think.

 
At Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 1:47:00 PM CST , Blogger Amber I @ Awesomesauce said...

I really like every Cynthia Eden book I have read so I am excited to read this. I read the first one just have to read the 2nd one first. I can't read them out of order.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home