Saturday, November 24, 2012

Review: Eleanor's Heart

Reviewed by Shelly
 
Sick, cold, homeless and hungry, Eleanor Franklin has all the odds against her. So when she breaks into a house to steal something of value to pawn for food she has no idea that her actions will lead to a life changing experience with Lord Jefferson Park. Jefferson Park is one of the last known vampires and he’s on a mission to save his race when he discovers what Eleanor’s has in her possession.

This is the first time I’ve heard of --much less read anything by-- Misa Buckley, but I promise it will not be the last. Eleanor was a joy to know and even more fun - she’s got a past that is shrouded in mystery. After being rescued by Jefferson, she’s taken back to his house because she’s in so much pain from her disease that she’s literally unable to stay conscious. Her pain came across so vividly that I felt myself aching for this poor girl and her need for relief, either through laudanum or something even more permanent. There are some dark thoughts about her future that Eleanor had, but I could understand her rationale.

I really liked getting to know Jefferson. He definitely wasn’t the typical vampire hero. He doesn’t have flowing hair, bulging muscles/biceps, or blue eyes; instead he’s Eleanor’s height, hard gray eyes, and thanks goodness, always had his clothes on. I didn’t find a thing lacking in his physical attributes and the way he treated Eleanor was absolutely perfect. He was kind, responsive, and apologetic (when she needed him to be). I really liked these two individually but I thought they made a really good couple too. Even though there's no explicit sexual shenanigans, I didn't feel cheated because the sexual tension made it nail bitin’ good.

The “I love you’” was thrown about a bit too early for me, but other than that I recommend this read to anyone wanting a story with a good plot, dialogue and character development. And for those who happen to love a good vampire story, well then pick up Jefferson and Eleanor's story. You'll be glad you did.

Happy Reading folks!

Rating: B

*Book provided by author for review

Click to purchase: Amazon 
Eleanor's Heart
by Misa Buckley
Release Date: June 30, 2012
Publisher: Champagne Books

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home