Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm Geeking Out: A Big PNR Day

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning! This has just been a fantastic day for my inner PNR geek. As my day began, I picked up and finished Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison. It was phenomenal!! (I'll post the review on Monday.)

Then, one of my favorite authors, Karen Marie Moning posted her much anticipated sex scene from Barrons' point of view. If you didn't already know, Shadowfever is my absolute favorite book of all time! This scene is a gift from Moning to her fans. And I kind of expected it to take place post-Shadowfever. But it didn't. It's actually set just after Barrons and Mac meet in Darkfever. If you're scratching your head about that, just indulge your curiosity and go read it!!

I have mixed feelings about the scene. Moning left it open ended as to whether the events really took place. And I'm going to choose to believe they did not. It also kind of weirds me out that Barrons actually talks to Moning, but.... Holy hell, it was hot. Karen Marie Moning has a gift. Barrons is such a sexy, visceral character. And the sex is just... wow.

Moving on to my third thrill of the day. Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series is being made into a tv show!! Oh. My. God. I die.

I'm not sure if there are enough hot men in Hollywood to adequately cast this series. And who could possibly measure up as Acheron? In related news, Kenyon's Chronicles of Nick series is being made into a motion picture. Again, my number one concern is Ash casting.

I beg two things of the entertainment Gods:
1. Please put this series on HBO.
2. Don't let Alan Ball anywhere near it.

I must go sit in the corner and rock myself a little while.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 3:40:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

I chose to believe it did take place. It was awesome. Makes me want to do a re-read of the series NOW.

 
At Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 3:45:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jennifer_After_Dark said...

I scared the shit out of my daughter trying to get everything done in town,,so I can hurry back and read,,lol dont worry shes safe and all is well now,,lol
and it was awsome,,and I have to agree I want to re-read,,

 
At Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 6:48:00 PM CDT , Blogger C.J Duggan said...

There was a side to myself I saw last night that alarmed me! As I sat in the dark at 2am prafusly clicking the refresh button like a maniac. I am slumped at my desk today, so tired, but with a HUGE smile on my face! KMM is amaaaazing, and the additon did not dissapoint! I so admire her for tackling something that would not have been easy (Getting inside Barron's head space) with all the exspectations. I am so glad she did! *sigh*

Here's my take as it happened http://can-duu.blogspot.com/

 
At Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 10:58:00 PM CDT , Blogger JenM said...

Aaargh! I want Storm's Heart. You are killing me here. As for the Barrons scene, I hate to admit it, but I actually haven't finished the series yet. I keep looking for some uninterrupted time to read the last two books, just haven't found it yet. At this point, I'm going to have to start all over again from the beginning. Glad to know that scene is out there though.

 
At Friday, July 22, 2011 at 9:18:00 AM CDT , Blogger Lauren B said...

Dark Hunters of TV - I absolutely cannot wait to see who they cast as Acheron.
Have a good weekend.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home