Saturday, March 16, 2013

Review: Scar

Reviewed by Shelly
 
So, wha' had happened was - I wanted to take a short break and read a novella just for a change of pace. And that is how I ended up reading this little ditty from Sugar and Spice Publishing. There were a few things that I had a problem with, but before I get ahead of myself... Rhys Blaidd is the alpha of the Volkshire Pack, he’s also a single dad. Nefertiti ‘Fre’ Niles is the stripper who unknowingly rescues his son from would-be kidnappers bent on destroying Rhys. Concept sounds like a fun read right?

This story was jam packed with syntax errors. What's worse is the editing; it could do with a serious overhaul when it comes to that. I found myself reading about the most nonsensical things when I should be reading about the development of the storyline. They felt like fillers that would be used when the word count was low.

This story should have definitely come with a warning for erotic asphyxiation. I can stand a lot of things in a sex scene but if they’re out of the norm and I’m not warned – well let’s just say I don’t take to kindly to those. One top of that, Fre has known Rhys for maybe 36 hours when they have their first sexual encounter and he does that to her, not once but twice --- WTF?

I wish I could focus on the other parts of the story but those got me so discombobulated, my interest waned at the halfway point in the story. From then on, the story line just gets more ridiculous. Rhys is a jerk throughout. Fre is a stripper – that’s it, no more -- no future aspirations that we know of, but then again, we didn't find out a lot about any of the characters. My absolute favorite is the Epilogue, it reads "Epilogue - Later that night." Really? An epilogue is later in the same day that the story just ended??

Happy Reading folks!

Rating: D

Click to purchase: Amazon
Scar
by Kassanna
Release Date: January 13, 2013
Publisher: Sugar and Spice Press

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 7:58:00 PM CDT , Blogger Lover Of Romance said...

Sounds...interesting to say the least. Don't think I will be putting this on my wishlist though. But nice review! :)Hope your next read is more enjoyable than this one.

 
At Monday, March 18, 2013 at 9:47:00 AM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Thanks! Interesting to say the least is about right :-)

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home