Sunday, October 14, 2012

Review: Starved for Love

Reviewed by Allison
 
Pia is a no ordinary succubus. She grew up with a loving dad and moms so she knows how delicate, yet rewarding, intimacy can be. However, as much as she wants to be a one man kind of gal, a girl's gotta eat! Between her vampire lover, her geeky werewolf lover, and her missing demon lover, Pia thinks she has all the bases covered... until she meets Valerio, a very sexy incubus. While he lives a polyamorous kind of life, every time they kiss, her world stops and she is on fire for him. But can she make it work? Will he accept her as the affectionate, love starved succubus that she is?

I had a hard time connecting with Pia. I didn't feel bad for her situation (a sexy guy every three days? Oh, the hardship!) but I did appreciate her rather unique point of view on love and sex, even as a succubus. Valerio was more interesting as a character and I definitely enjoyed watching him learn the benefits of being in a relationship rather than just an arrangement. I think there was supposed to be a mystery somewhere in there but it wasn't brought up often and really didn't add to the story all that much.

That said, I really liked the premise and I thought the plot was interesting but it just didn't capture me in the way I had hoped.

Grade: C

*ARC Provided by Carina Press via NetGalley

Click to purchase: Amazon
Starved for Love
by Annie Nicholas
Release Date: September 17, 2012
Publisher: Carina Press

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 11:49:00 AM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

HaHa, I love it - 'a girl's gotta eat!" Great review Allison.

 
At Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 3:59:00 PM CDT , Blogger Allison said...

LOL, thanks, girl! I'm pretty sure my favorite part of the book is the cover!

 
At Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 5:03:00 PM CDT , Blogger Tina B said...

The blurb intrigued me, so I picked it up. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, though.
Thanks for shaing your opinion. :)

 
At Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 5:13:00 PM CDT , Blogger Allison said...

It's not bad, it just didn't catch me the way I wanted it to. I hope you have better luck, Tina! Thanks for reading :)

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home