Tuesday, October 2, 2012

DNF: Duet

Reviewed by Shelly
 
Having moved from Boston to Manhattan in search of new life and possibly love, twenty eight year-old Duet seems to define her entire existence by the two vaginas she’s born with. This story promised seduction, mystery and self-discovery. I didn’t get that.

Duet, who tells people she was named that because of her parents love music, is a bit of a slut while she’s searching for someone who would accept her and her two hoo-has. However, she has sex with guys on the first date and wonders why she can’t find someone who would love her for herself. I’m sorry to say that even with one hoo-ha, you can’t do that and expect the guy to come back at ya with a – ‘can’t wait to get to know you better’. I though I saw promise when she meets financier Oskar, but she performs oral sex on/for (either or, pick one) him the first on the first date. Hmmm, that’s what you do when looking for that special someone right? Ummm, that’s not all – after she’s done doing him, he turns to her and asks if she wants a drink. Say WHAT?!?

Seriously, I could not for the life of me get into reading this story past page 53 (of 225 ePub version). I wanted to just take Duet and literally beat the shit out of her. I’m not one to give up on a book, because God knows I’ve read some not-great books but I just couldn’t keep reading.

Happy reading folks!

Rating: DNF

Click to purchase: Amazon
Duet
by Jacqueline Wally & Stephen K Haber
Release Date: April 26, 2012

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 1:19:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just from the premise I probably would have skipped it. Can girls really have two hoo-has? I will have to google that later. But I agree sleeping with guys on the first date to find your true love is a little ridic.

 
At Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 1:28:00 PM CDT , Blogger Brie said...

I downloaded the sample but no mention of the 2nd vagina. Where is it?! The books is bad, but I'm really tempted to read it.

 
At Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 1:29:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

If you do, you MUST report back.

 
At Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 2:28:00 PM CDT , Blogger Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

I thought a blowjob was the universal gesture for "hello, it's nice to meet you"... You mean to tell me that it's not. Wow.. awkward...
"I’m sorry to say that even with one hoo-ha, you can’t do that and expect the guy to come back at ya with a – ‘can’t wait to get to know you better’." <-- love it! HaHa
I can't believe it's over 200 pages. It should be a novella with the quick work she's making on her dates.
Kristin
Book Sniffers Anonymous

 
At Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 2:31:00 PM CDT , Blogger Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

After this review I looked it up as well and found a video that showed diagrams. I never heard of such a thing. It sounds very painful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kNJ3B9EvUo

 
At Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 5:45:00 PM CDT , Blogger jayhjay said...

I can't believe you managed to DNF without at least skipping to the sex scenes to see how the magic double hoo-ha works! How is there room for all that stuff down there?

 
At Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 7:50:00 PM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Cimmaron / Kristin - I did google it and it's not as rare as you would think but I don't think it's happy hour conversation though --- none of that 'hey ladies, guess what I have' going on there...

 
At Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 7:51:00 PM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Brie - I'm in w/ Jen on this - PLEASE report back and let me know what you think.

 
At Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 7:54:00 PM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

For the direction it was going I just couldn't see what they could fill in 200 pages but I just ain't woman enough to find out ;-)

 
At Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 7:57:00 PM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Jay - I was pissed about that toooooo - the sex scenes were as very brief - a sentence or two...now that I think about it, that's part of my piss-off-icity --- you can't build that sh*t up as a subject matter without giving up the goods...

 
At Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 8:06:00 PM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Brie - are you asking where her second vajajay is? If yes, from the description it's next to the 'regular' one but I'm not sure how she had room for everything b/c if I remember correctly Oskar was an equal opportunity player for both of them (if you know what I mean)...he was such a as* that at one point I was kinda hoping his penis would get stuck in there and he'd have to go the ER and explain that.

 
At Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 9:26:00 PM CDT , Blogger Brie said...

Next to it? I have to read this thing, I just have to.

 
At Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 9:40:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for women that has 2 . 2 yeast infections at once? Grimreaperbites@yahoo.com

 
At Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 7:08:00 AM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Oh yes, there is that.

 
At Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 7:59:00 AM CDT , Blogger Allison said...

OMG I didn't know it was a real thing!!!

 
At Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 8:01:00 AM CDT , Blogger Allison said...

Shelly, you are so brave for even attempting this one! Great review, girl :)

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home