Friday, September 14, 2012

Review: How to Lose a Demon in 10 Days

Reviewed by Allison
 
Grace is sick of her creepy ex threatening to take away her son. He’s already stolen the first two years and she is unwilling to let him steal any more. She’s tried the courts, but she’s ready to get down and dirty to give him what he deserves. It’s time to call the Crown Prince of Hell, Caspian. When she summons him, he is so taken with her that he agrees to make her mobster of a boyfriend miserable if she’ll agree to be his – whenever, however, and for as long as it takes to wear the guy down. Of course, with Caspian being the sexiest demon she’s ever met, the deal isn’t too hard to make – sealed with an orgasm, of course! Thus begins the torrid affair between Grace, the human and Caspian, the Prince of Hell.

I think the author was going for a Darynda Jones paranormal comedy feel, but unfortunately it fell pretty flat for me. The humor was trying too hard (it read like a paranormal Three Stooges), the romance wasn’t all that convincing, & it was downright graphic in the creepy ex-boyfriend parts. (He was so evil, his goal was to become a demon).

There was a mystery with a twist thrown in that I didn’t see coming that made me hate her ex that much more (yes, it’s possible!) and I did like the characters themselves…I just feel that they alone couldn’t carry the story. I’m glad they got their Happy Ever After, but I can’t say I’d read another by this author.

Grade: D-

Click to purchase: Amazon
How to Lose a Demon in 10 Days
by Saranna DeWylde
Release Date: August 28, 2012
Publisher: Kensington Bravia

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, September 14, 2012 at 8:39:00 PM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Many of the reasons that you've named are reasons why I opted not to read this one. Your honest review has further reinforced my decision to pass.

 
At Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 9:00:00 AM CDT , Blogger Allison said...

Glad I could help you not waste your time!

 
At Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 7:12:00 PM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Thanks for the great review A - like Carmel, I think I'll pass on this one too..

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home