Saturday, September 8, 2012

Review: Her Game, Their Rules

Reviewed by Shelly
 
This is a short story with a word count under 37k. This is my first read from this author and I’m not sure if I should have read the first in the series to enjoy this story more, because I sure didn’t. I’ll admit for the umpteenth time that I like a good m/m/f, not sure why --probably some latent fetish-- but hey, we all have our kink, so don’t judge. This was not a good m/m/f, it could have been, but it just wasn’t.

Widow Sara Jameson finds out from her banker that there’s a bank account her deceased husband Scott opened and maintained that needs funding. She has no idea who/what/why this account exists so she decides to ask her brother-in-law Jeremy. Jeremy is the other partner of the gaming company that was owned by the brothers. Jeremy is married to Cole and they live quite happily in Jeremy and Scott’s hometown.

Jeremy and Cole have been trying to talk Sara into coming to visit them since the death of her husband and after a year and a half she finally relents. It's not for the reason that the guys want her to visit but to investigate this mysterious bank account. Turns out that the guys are bisexual and have been lusting after Sara for some time. By the end of Sara's --and her two year-old son Jack’s-- first night at the men's home, she’s able to hear (from the hallway) the guys having sex. I’m not sure if that’s something a two year old should be hearing, but oh well he’s a heavy sleeper and God forbid that those two should not have sex for a single night.

I didn’t feel like I got any sense of who these people are and unfortunately I could care less about them. The sex was there but I didn’t really give a damn if it was good nor not. As I’m on a tirade right now, you know what folks, I’m about sick of this line – yes we’re two dudes who are [insert any of the following – lovers, married, partners] but we’re not gay, we’re really bisexual. Arghh!

I didn’t like this book and by the end of it, I didn’t feel the need to read the first one in the series. Maybe I’ll try another one from this author.

Happy reading folks!

Rating: D


Click to purchase: Amazon
Her Game, Their Rules
by Lara Valentine
Release Date: August 20, 2012
Publisher: Siren

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home