Friday, September 7, 2012

5 for Friday - September 7

Happy Friday!! My spirits are high, as I count down the days until the Sons of Anarchy premiere on Tuesday. Set your DVR.  It's the first of my shows to start up for the new season.  I'm going to try out Revolution on NBC on the 17th. And I am super-excited for Supernatural (10/3) and then The Vampire Diaries the week after. Squee!!


5. While we are talking about The Vampire Diaries, I will admit without reservation that this show is one of my biggest guilty pleasures. And the new trailer is out!! Take a look


ZOMG. I am so Team-Damon.  I don't understand how anyone can root for Stefan.  These producers need to give me what I want!!!! By the way, I have never read these books and I don't want to. Season four of TVD premieres October 11th on the CW.

4. Thea Harrison has released the blurb for her upcoming Elder Races novella, Hunter's Season and she is giving away ARCs!

A Novella of the Elder Races

As a palace guard and assassin for the Dark Fae, Xanthe always wore a mask, hiding her emotions to do her duty. But when her identity is compromised, she trades undercover work for guarding Queen Niniane—a position that often brings her in contact with Chancellor Aubrey Riordan.

Aubrey’s trust is shattered. A year ago his wife tried to assassinate their new queen in his name, a betrayal of everything he believes in. And now an attack on his life is proof the dark conspiracy is not yet over. Although injured and weak, Aubrey can’t help but be drawn to this shy assassin and loyal protector. Xanthe is everything Naida wasn’t, and the passion she stirs in him is something he thought had long passed him by.

Warning: Take a man recovering from an assassination attempt, the assassin sworn to protect him, add in a magical Tarot card deck and an isolated cabin, and watch the sparks fly!

Click this link to get the deets on how you can win a copy --or just come back here on September 24th. Thea will be answering my questions about the series and giving away the novella.

3. Another ARC giveaway you need to check out: Steel's Edge from Ilona Andrews. It's the latest in the Edge series.


You can get details on how to win on Ilona's blog. And while we are talking about Ilona... she, Gordon, Nalini Singh and Katie MacAlistar are having a big live chat Tuesday at 3pm EST. Click here to join in!

2. Registration is now open for the 2013 RT Convention in Kansas City.


The con runs from May 1-5.  And I have already booked my room and secured a roommate.  I had such a great time at AAD this year, I can't wait to expand my convention horizons. If you are going this year, let me know, so we can visit in person!

1. And finally, a little funny to help kick your weekend off right. Check out some of the Greatest Movie Insults of All Time.




"If I had a dick, this is where I'd tell you to suck it." God bless you, Betty White.  God bless you.

XOXO,
Jen

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Friday, September 7, 2012 at 9:39:00 AM CDT , Blogger Karen said...

In the VD books I was always Team Stefan but in the series I can't imagine why you would be. lol

I didn't realize another Edge book was already coming out. I still need to read the last one!

 
At Friday, September 7, 2012 at 9:42:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I LOVED the last Edge book. My favorite in the series so far.

 
At Friday, September 7, 2012 at 9:53:00 AM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for RT to come to San Diego in 2014. It'll be just an hour and a half flight for me then :-)

 
At Friday, September 7, 2012 at 9:54:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I thought it was in New Orleans in 2014(?)

 
At Friday, September 7, 2012 at 10:19:00 AM CDT , Blogger Underworld Love Addiction said...

I can't wait for TVD, I need my Damon fix!

 
At Friday, September 7, 2012 at 10:23:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Me too!! They need to give him and Elena a season together. Even if he is not the HEA. Let me have this!!!

 
At Friday, September 7, 2012 at 11:09:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

You can watch the pilot of Revolution on NBC's website now. I watched it the other night and it was pretty good.

Stephan, who?

 
At Friday, September 7, 2012 at 11:11:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Exactly! He's too emo and whiny for me... plus not nearly as attractive.

I'm glad to hear the Revolution pilot is good. The promos look cool.

 
At Friday, September 7, 2012 at 11:36:00 AM CDT , Blogger Rowena said...

I'm Team Damon too, LOVE HIM! I doubt they'll ever get together on the show though. We'll have to be content with them being together in real life. =)

 
At Friday, September 7, 2012 at 7:12:00 PM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait for Supernatural to start back up; I'm counting down the days! I haven't registered for RT yet, still sorting out the room mate situation. *sigh*

 
At Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 4:27:00 PM CDT , Blogger Angela's Anxious Life said...

I am soooo excited for Sons of Anarchy!! Though I have no idea what the trailer for this coming season means!!!!!!
Angie

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home