5 for Friday - August 24
Congratulations on making it through another week! I've now come down from my AAD high and am already anxiously awaiting RT in May. (Yes, I am a planner.) As if I wasn't already excited enough about Kansas City, now I hear RT2014 will be in NOLA! I can't wait. I still have some AAD books to give away, so make sure to check out the contest at the end of the post.
5. I really enjoyed Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld spinoff, Wicked Nights.
This week, she released the blurb for book two in the Angels of the Dark series: Beauty Awakened.
No sign of a cover yet. Beauty Awakened is scheduled for release February 26th.
In other Showalter news, Gena announced the title of her next Lords book, The Darkest Craving. Kane's book will be out next July or August.
4. Kim Harrison has revealed the cover for the next Hollows book, Ever After.
While saving the world is important, it isn't Rachel's only motivation. There's also the small fact that she caused the ley line to rip in the first place, setting off a chain reaction of unfortunate events. That little mistake has made her life forfeit unless she can fix it. It's also made her more than a few enemies, including the most powerful demon in the ever after—a terrifying entity who eats souls and now has an insatiable appetite for her. He's already kidnapped her friend and goddaughter to lure her out, and if Rachel doesn't give herself up soon, they'll die.
But Rachel has more than a few impressive and frighening skillls of her own, and she isn't going to hand over her soul and her life without one hell of a fight. She's also got a surpise: elven tycoon Trent Kalamack. With this unlikely ally beside her—a prospect both thrilling and unnerving—she's going to return to the ever after, kick some demon butt, rescue her loved ones... and prevent an apocalypse before it's too late. Or, at least that's the plan..
I didn't love the last book like I loved Pale Demon, but I have high hopes for Ever After. It releases January 22. If you can't wait until January for your Rachel-fix, Harrison is releasing a compilation of Hollows short stories, including a new one about Trent & Jenks kidnapping the baby! Into the Woods is out October 12.
3. Just a little tidbit for fans of the Charley Davidson books. Darynda Jones has announced a change in the title for book five. It was originally supposed to be Fifth Grave Off the Beaten Path, but it's now Fifth Grave Past the Light. I like the new one! Fifth Grave isn't out until next May, but book 4, Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet releases in October.
(I can't wait to see where that series goes next. I am so mad at Charley's dad!!)
2. As sad as I was to see Kelley Armstrong end her Otherworld series with Thirteen, there is now reason to celebrate!! Armstrong announced Thursday that Space, a Canadian sci-fi channel, has ordered 13 episodes of a tv show based on Bitten!!
Can we get this channel in America? I must watch this show. Who could possibly be hot enough to be cast as Clay?
1. And finally, the premiere for the new season of Sons of Anarchy is just two weeks away. This is one of my favorite shows, people! In honor of Jax and the boys, help yourself to these new trailers.
Oh yeah... I promised you a giveaway! Fill out the Rafflecopter form to win a copy of both books in the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences series by Phillipa Ballantine and Tee Morris. That's Phoenix Rising and The Janus Affair. Contest is open to entries in the US & CAN.
a Rafflecopter giveaway