Saturday, June 23, 2012

Review: Lord Atwood's Lovers

Reviewed by Jen
 
I'll admit, sometimes I get a little skeptical about the HEA factor in a menage. What it needs, in order to be believable for me, is a real thread to connect each member of the trio together in a meaningful way.  This story manages to acheive that in my opinion and left me wanting more.

Imogen and Charles Atwood are newlyweds and they are head over heels in love with each other.  Charles was always considered serious and removed by members of the ton but he was so enamored of Imogen, he threw all that aside to court her.  Now that she is his, he can't keep his eyes --or his hands-- off her.

Imogen was a widow when she met Charles and though she loves him completely, she still mourns the death of her first husband and how he pushed her away in their last years of marriage.  She doesn't want any secrets between her and Charles and she wants to make him happy. So when she learns of a rift between him and his old friend Alex, she wants to help make it right.

She comes to learn that Charles and Alex were once lovers, and she decides on a risky proposition to give her husband everything he wants.

I liked the writing in this novella quite a bit. The relationships worked for me. In fact, I found myself wishing I could have read the story of Charles and Imogen's courtship as well.  I thought Imogen jumped into the menage-boat rather quickly, but the love scene with the three of them was very hot.  I could definitely feel the love Charles had for both his wife and for Alex, which is important, because it was balanced in the bedroom.

This is really short, only about 40 pages, but it's just right for a little lunch hour diversion.  I enjoyed it.

Rating: B

*ARC Provided by NetGalley

Click to purchase: Amazon
Lord Atwood's Lovers
by Eva Clancy
Release Date: June 1, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Spice Briefs

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 3:26:00 PM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Sounds like a good, quick read. Thanks for the great review.

 
At Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 8:01:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

It was! I just wish there had been more.

 
At Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 8:54:00 PM CDT , Blogger The Bookworm said...

Not my usual type of read, but it does sound like a nice quick dose of erotica. Nice review.

 
At Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 9:28:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home