5 for Friday - June 22
This week has really flown by! Of course, I spent half of it getting a healthy dose of sunshine and extended family during my vacation at Fontainebleau State Park. It was gorgeous out there and I was happily surprised that they had wi-fi in the cabins, so I wasn't completely cut off from the blog and my Twitter addiction. Hours of play knocked the kids out at night and mixed drinks did the same for the hubs, so I even got a little reading time in! But there is no place like home and I'm glad to be back with
5. Tuesday is a huge, huge release day. It's like the publishers decided to save up a ton of big books to drop on us all on the same day. Some of the best coming out this week: Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost, Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt, and Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter.
I also enjoyed Chasing Magic by Stacia Kane and Tempest's Fury by Nicole Peeler. Oh! And Consumed by Rebecca Zanetti. But really, those are just the tip of the iceberg. What big June 26th release tickles your fancy? Tell me what you're looking forward to *or* which books you wanna spread the word about.
4. A couple of tidbits from the awesome Jennifer Estep. The next book in her Elemental Assassin book, Widow's Web is out in August, but if you can't stand the wait, she's got Chapter 1 up on her blog. In the meantime, she has revealed the cover for her next YA Mythos Academy book Crimson Frost.
That one is out in January. And Estep says the name of the book after that will be Midnight Frost (out August 2013.)
3. The amazing Ilona Andrews is giving us a sneak peek of the next Edge book. You can find chapter 1 of Steel's Edge up on her blog. This is the last contracted book in the series from what I understand and I must say I am sad. I really was hoping for a Jack and/or a George book. (**sniff**) I shall keep hope alive.
2. By now, everybody and their mama has seen the Breaking Dawn Part 2 trailer. But you could be living under a rock. Or just itching for a chance to talk about it. Either way, here it is:
Yes. I will go see it.
1. And speaking of guilty pleasures. Dallas is back.
I saw this cover reveal on Harlequin's Facebook page and Rrraw.
Badly disfigured Lady Isobel Dalceann has fought fiercely to defend her keep, with little thought for her safety. Why, then, has she let a stranger within her walls? While he threatens danger, his battered body marked by war mirrors her own scars and tempts her to put her faith in him.
Marc de Courtenay is a mercenary and a loner, although he is drawn to damaged—beautiful—Isobel. But in taking him into her highly defended, buttressed walls, she has unwittingly given him secrets that will enable him to betray her. What would she do if she were ever to find out who he really is…?