Thursday, November 10, 2011

Review: Immortal Rider

One of the things I like best about Larissa Ione is that her books are unpredictable. And there is always so much going on. And they are so freaking hot! (I guess that's more than one thing, but let me gush for a moment.) I enjoyed Eternal Rider, but it took me a little while to get into. Not the case here. This story reeled me in from the beginning and didn't let go.

Limos is the only female among the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. She is as beautiful as she is deadly. She is also a virgin. Limos was promised to Satan as his bride when she born. She wears a chastity belt that attacks anyone who tries to get in her pants. And if she ever allows herself to give in to an attraction to another man, it's bad news for the object of her affection.

Arik's been part of the Demonica world for a long time. He is Runa's brother and part of the military force that fights deadly supernaturals. He is drawn to Limos, and as the book begins, he finally gives in to the temptation to kiss her. That's when everything goes to hell. Literally. Satan's minions set out to torture him... the curse saying that if he screams Limos' name in agony, she'll have to return to the Underworld and take her place at Satan's side.

This is only the beginning of a long journey for these two. Of course, Arik makes it out, but one obstacle after another is thrown in their path. Not the least of which is Limos' own shady past and the looming damage it could do if it comes to light. Pestilence has a hand in all the madness. And there is a great side story featuring the angels Reaver and Harvester.

Oh! And speaking of great side stories... I loved, loved, loved the direction Ione is taking with Thanatos. I feared his story was going to be predictable with the nature of his seal, but I was dead wrong. The great b-plot stuff just wasn't there in the last book, but it definitely is here --and it's a big win.

I will acknowledge: it takes forever for the sexual payoff between our main characters. But there is plenty of sexy action going on throughout the book. I won't spoil the details, but... wow. The whole thing was really good. And I. Am. Dying. For the next book. Almost 5 stars.

*ARC Provided by Grand Central Publishing

Click to purchase: Amazon or The Book Depository

Immortal Rider
by Larissa Ione
Release Date: November 22, 2011
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 10:53:00 AM CST , Blogger Marq said...

I finished Immortal Rider last night. Boy! It had me sitting on the edge of my seat and stressed the hell out! I loved it! Great review.

 
At Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 7:52:00 PM CST , Blogger Lexi said...

I have been meaning to start this series...after reading your review now I think I better start it tonight! What a great plot line for the series.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2011 at 7:51:00 PM CST , Blogger Mandi said...

Oh yesssss...downloading this one tomorrow

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home