Thursday, October 13, 2011

Review: Mythic


Reviewed by Jen
 
I'm having a really hard time with a review for this book. There are some things that were done really well here, but there were developments that made me want to pull my hair out at the same time.

The story centers on Gianna, a human-vampire hybrid, plotting revenge on Mattias, the man who she blames for the death of her parents. As the book begins, Gianna rescues the vampire Nicholas from some of Mattias' henchmen. Nicholas is only in London to try to end a feud between Mattias and his family. Obviously, it's not going so well.

Anyway, Gianna takes Nicholas to her home and the two of them hit it off right away. She knows his connection to Mattias, but he doesn't know hers. So he's shocked when he finds out she and Mattias are dating. The relationship is a ruse to get close to the man. And it seems like Nicholas and Gianna are on the path to something really good. He even takes her back home to the States. She gets close to his family; everything looks great.

Let me tell you, Jae Lynn Davies can write the hell out of some sex scenes. There were a good many hot moments. They never felt monotonous or redundant. They were outstanding. I loved the idea of Gianna finally finding happiness with Nicholas, even if he did fall in love with her sickeningly fast.

But then, the story is completely turned on its ear. All of a sudden, Mattias isn't what he seems and the book goes in a completely different direction. I would have drop-kicked it if I didn't value my nook so much. I completely lost any ability to relate to Gianna and simply could not understand her feelings. I hated where she ended up and the ending was a cliffhanger.

I guess part of the reason I'm so frustrated is because I really liked where I thought the book was going. I sure as hell was on board with the love scenes. But then... (**sigh**)

I guess it says something that I got invested enough to be this bothered by it all. But (*spoilers*) she should have ended up with the other guy, dammit!!! Argh. Very hard to rate this one.   3 stars.  It would have been more had the ending been different.

*Book provided by author for review

Click to purchase: All Romance Ebooks 
Mythic
by Jae Lynne Davies
Release Date: February 15, 2011
Publisher: Tease Publishing

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home