Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: Twice Bitten

Reviewed by Jen
 
Wow. Just wow. This book completely knocked my socks off. It took my emotions on a crazy ride... from excitement to passion to joy to despair and back around to hope. Twice Bitten has it all: a great plot, fantastic action, love, betrayal, angst... and sex (did I mention sex?) Again, I say, wow.

The book picks up in the moment where the last one left off. Merit is answering the call of that mysterious note she got at the end of the last installment, inviting her to meet someone. And at first, it seems like this book is going to be about the secret organization of vampires she is asked to join. But the main story really follows Merit and Ethan as they provide security for Gabriel, the Alpha of the shifters, as he gathers his people to vote on the future of the pack. Someone is trying to kill Gabriel, so it's a struggle not only to keep him safe, but to find out who is behind the hit.

Merit is making great strides as a vampire. It's gratifying to see her grow and shine. But the big, big payoff in the book is road she travels with Ethan. These two put me through the wringer here, but in a completely amazing way. I cheered; I cursed; I considered making little Ethan voodoo dolls and sticking them with pins. It was amazing. All of it.

The ending opened so many doors to future storylines, not just in Merit's personal life, but in what will happen with the vampires, the shifters, and the Red Guard. And let's not forget, Celina is still out there somewhere. 5 stars.

Click to purchase: Amazon or The Book Depository
Twice Bitten
by Chloe Neill
Release Date: July 6, 2010
Publisher: NAL

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 10:27:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

I wish I had time to do a re-read of this series before Drink Deep comes out NEXT MONTH. Love your reviews the series.

 
At Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 10:30:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Awww. Thanks. I know how massive the TBR pile can be. I'm kind of snowed-in, myself. DD is out three weeks from today! (You can make it.)

 
At Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 12:25:00 PM CDT , Blogger Lesley said...

I love this series, I'm counting down the days to the release of Drink Deep too.

 
At Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 2:55:00 PM CDT , Blogger Sarah said...

Great review Jen! You're making me so much more excited for this series! I have Some Girls Bite and can't wait to read it. :)

♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

 
At Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 4:24:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been hearing things about this series since I first started blogging almost a year ago. I can't believe I still haven't started it. Now that you're doing this reading and reviewing it might be the kick in the but I need to check these out! Great reviews and I'm so happy you're enjoying the series.

 
At Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 8:49:00 PM CDT , Blogger Julie said...

Great review Jen!!! This is my favorite of the series. You are right - it's such a crazy ride!

 
At Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 2:43:00 PM CDT , Blogger Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I've heard great things about this series. I need to start it soon.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home