Saturday, November 6, 2010

Review: Sin Undone

Larissa Ione hit it out of the park with Sin Undone, the 5th and final book in her Demonica series. This installment features Sin (short for Sinead), the one and only female Seminus demon.  If you’re not familiar with the back-story here, Seminus demons are essentially incubi and all the previous books in this series have featured her brothers.

So, during Ecstasy Unveiled, we learned that Sin has the power to create disease and uses that “gift” as an enslaved assassin. On a mission to kill a werewolf (warg) , she inadvertently starts a plague on the entire species.  In this book, she is facing the repercussions of that.  Sin is trying to help her brother Eidelon work on a cure. But the underworld jailers are now after her for the damage she has done.

She goes on the run with Conall, a half-vampire, half-warg paramedic. There are already sparks between the two of them. (They hooked up in the last book.) And thanks to her “needs” as a succubus, they must continue a physical relationship on the run. Sin’s afraid of anything more than that. She has some serious abandonment issues and she’s never really let herself be vulnerable.

Of course,  Con has his own issues. He is being called back to the dhampire community to mate up and help repopulate the species. He’s not really excited about the plan, but sees no way out.

Over time, the two of them develop real feelings for each other. It’s hard to watch Sin put herself out there, knowing Con may have to leave her. But their dynamic together is great and the sex sizzles.

I also enjoyed watching Sin develop a relationship with the brothers she has held at arm’s length.

I was worried about how this all could be resolved and Ione gave me a real scare at the end. But it was a great book and a fitting end to the Demonica series. I can’t wait to see our old friends again in Ione’s upcoming Horsemen series.
4 1/2 stars.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 11:26:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jennifer_After_Dark said...

I absolutely loved this series..it went quickly to my top 10 favorite,,I wasn't sure I was really going to like sin,,cause i usually dont favor the female heroisn,,but I absolutely loved Sin and Con,,,whatcha reading next,,
Im currently reading the The NIght Huntress SEries,,and am absolutely totaly in love with bones..lol
Im on the 3rd book
anyway,,
thanks for sharing,,
and lovein your reviews..
Jennifer

 
At Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 11:43:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Thanks Jennifer! I love the Night Huntress books too. I just got finished reading the Cassie Palmer series, which was fantastic. I'm thinking of trying the Psy-Changeling series for my next PNR read, but I'm not sure yet.

Jen

 
At Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 8:27:00 AM CDT , Blogger Sarah said...

I agree, she did a fantastic job with this book and series. They just got better and better. Ecstasy Unveiled and Sin Undone were my favorites, surprisingly. When we first met those two, I wasn't sure I would like them as much as the originals. But she did a great job with them. :)

~ Sarah ♥ I'm Loving Books

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home