Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Review: Demon from the Dark

Kresley Cole’s Demon from the Dark is the 8th book in her totally amazing Immortals After Dark series.  The heroine in this book is the witch, Carrow, who we were briefly introduced to as Mariketa’s best friend in Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night. I have to say, I was not excited about reading her story. Her character never stood out to me, and the hero, Malkom, is an entirely new character.
Why did I ever doubt Kresley Cole? She rocks my socks off.

Carrow was one of the supernaturals kidnapped at the end of Pleasure of a Dark Prince. We find out that a group of humans is collecting samples from all the otherworldly species.  But they don’t have a dempire (demon/vampire hybrid.) They kidnap Carrow’s little witch niece, after killing the child’s mother, and blackmail Carrow into helping them catch Malkom.  Carrow is sent to Malkom’s demon realm and quickly discovers she is his destined mate.  Problems abound. He has lived a solitary and harsh life for centuries. He doesn’t speak English. And sadly, he has known nothing but cruelty and betrayal. They manage to fall for each other despite the language barrier, but Carrow can’t make him understand what she is doing and why she has to lead him into a trap.

WHAT IS SO GOOD ABOUT THIS BOOK:
In a word: Malkom. I cared so much about his fragile heart, I wanted to beat down everyone who had ever hurt him. I ached for his sadness.  I hated what Carrow had to do.  It was masterful writing. Kresley Cole at her very best. And of course, you know that means there was some great sex in here too.

I’d give it more than 5 stars if I could.
Hell, it’s my blog. I give it 10 stars. Out of 5.  My favorite in the series.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, May 20, 2011 at 9:31:00 AM CDT , Blogger Sarah said...

Malkom was such a sweetie. I absolutely loved him. Loved it when he brought Carrow the heads and he totally thought he was doing something romantic. There were so many moments with him where I was like "awww...he's so cute!" :-P

~ Sarah ♥ I'm Loving Books

 
At Friday, May 20, 2011 at 7:04:00 PM CDT , Blogger Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

Way to go for the Vemon! I love how he put himself out there for Carrow.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home