Friday, April 8, 2011

Review: Tangled Threads


Reviewed by Jen
 
After spending the last 17 years in the shadows, Gin is now putting her work as an assassin in the spotlight.  Her plan: to start unraveling the organization of crime-boss Mab Monroe... one death at a time.  Gin is killing Mab's minions and leaving her own personal symbol behind.  And Mab is getting mighty pissed off about it.  So much so, she has hired another big name assassin, Elektra, to take her out, once and for all.  Of course, Mab doesn't know that "the Spider" is really Gin Blanco. 

Elektra wields the element of electricity. And she enjoys killing.  The combination makes her a formidable opponent.  Gin is a great assassin, but what we're coming to see, is that isn't the real reason she survives.  She perseveres because she has this makeshift family that has her back.  It's ironic that Gin sees herself as this unloveable, lone wolf, when in reality, she has these people in her life who are completely devoted to her.  How would she make it without Finn at her back? Without Jo-Jo to fix her injuries?  Her circle is expanding to include Rosalind, Xavier, and most notably Owen.

And let me say, I really like Owen.  I love the way he loves Gin. It's such a sharp contrast to Donovan Caine, the weenie-toad who was the embodiment of all Gin's fears about being unlovable.   I hate that we still are hearing about him, but it shows what a crater he really dug in her heart.  On the plus side, we get a little bit of dirty-action between Gin and Owen. Nothing too over-the-top, but just enough to raise an eyebrow or two.

The last big piece of the puzzle here is Bria.  She has no idea that Gin is really her long-lost sister Genevieve or that she is the infamous Spider.  But it's only a matter of time before she finds out, because 1) she's a cop trying to find the assassin and 2) she's also on Mab's hit list.  All of Gin's insecurities are in play with Bria --and as the book unfolds, we have to wait and see whether she will accept Gin's love or slam the door in her face.

I really like this series. And I think the biggest reason is because I love Gin. She is strong, powerful, humble, loyal and good... without ever being annoying. She kicks ass and so does this book.  5 stars.

*ARC Provided by Simon & Schuster

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, April 8, 2011 at 8:03:00 PM CDT , Blogger E.J. Stevens said...

I can't wait to read this. Great review!
xx,
E.J.
Paranormal Author E.J. Stevens
From the Shadows

 
At Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 9:18:00 PM CDT , Blogger Karen said...

"weenie toad" I love it!!

 
At Monday, May 16, 2011 at 11:30:00 AM CDT , Blogger Aimee said...

I just finished this and loved it! I agree about Owen. After a few scenes in this book, I was swooning so much I swore I could forget my own name!

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home