Thursday, June 6, 2013

Review: Extreme Love

Reviewed by Shelly
 
I didn’t know Abby Niles work, but after reading Extreme Love, I want more! If you’ve ever felt a little left of center, you’ll have some affinity with Caitlyn’s story.  I know I did. Caitlyn Moore is not used to anyone like MMA fighter Dante ‘Inferno’ Jones being attracted --to much less interested in-- her. Having had some of life’s ups and downs, most if not all of it has been attributed to Caitlyn’s self-consciousness about being overweight. So, why would someone as physically fit and used to a certain type of woman find her all that interesting? Dante’s not sure either, but Caitlyn makes him want to call her his own. The only problem is that he’s come to town to train for an upcoming title fight; he’s on a mission to be his division champion and Caitlyn is a distraction that might cost him more than he’s willing to pay.

I rooted for these two like you wouldn’t believe. I was thrilled that Caitlyn didn’t just fall into what Dante wanted. He actually had to fight for it and that was one of the more enjoyable things for me. I can’t tell you all he did, but he’s not quitter, and it was just what a girl needs to make her feel special. Caitlyn’s personality was very likable to me. She’s a fighter in her own right, doing things that others might find brazen or goodness forbid, not for a girl her size. I was happy to see her tell people to suck it (metaphorically of course.) She had her weaknesses, but I could understand every single one of them as I’ve had my own struggles (not necessarily with weight but with other things... where the mind tells you that you’re just not good enough. Been there done that.)

Dante absolutely stole the show and I’m now crushing on him big time. There’s a bedroom scene that literally took my breath away – good Lord man, why can’t you be flesh and blood? The friendships he had said a lot about his heart; yes, he’s a fighter but that certainly didn’t mean that he was cold, heartless and only focused on winning. I can’t tell you enough how much I’m digging on him.

Interesting enough, the cast of secondary characters was good and I liked the majority of them – Amy who is Caitlyn’s best friend and roommate... I would like to see her story flushed out into its own novel. Dante’s fellow MMA fighter Tommy and his best friend – interesting start in that little scenario. Some of the characters I didn’t like at all – Paul, Caitlyn’s ‘other’ best friend, I could have done completely without because I don’t like men who are mitches (*drops mic*). But other than that single thing this book is a winner which I am highly recommending. I can’t wait for the next one. I checked GoodReads and found that Book 2 will be published in 2013, not sure of the month.

Happy Reading folks!

Rating: B+

*ARC Provided by Entangled

Click to purchase: Amazon
Extreme Love
by Abby Niles
Release Date: April 30, 2013
Publisher: Entangled


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 6:26:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Carrie said...

Looks awesome Shelly!

 
At Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 10:48:00 PM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Oh, it was :-)

 
At Friday, June 7, 2013 at 12:47:00 PM CDT , Blogger The_Book_Queen said...

I read Abby's paranormal release last month, The Awakening: Aidan, and really liked it, so I'm looking forward to reading her other books. I'm glad to hear you liked this one! :)

Enjoy!
TBQ

 
At Friday, June 7, 2013 at 3:07:00 PM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

I'll have to try that one because I was very impressed with the writing

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home