Saturday, March 9, 2013

Review: Siren Unleashed

Reviewed by Shelly
 
I had this in my TBR for far too long and I’m a little ticked at myself that I didn’t read it sooner. What a fun and sexy story! Sophie Oak has penned another winner in the Texans Sirens series.

If you've read and liked the others in the series, you'll like this one too. There were a couple parts that I found myself reading more than once because it didn't flow well, but they were minimal and didn't take away from the overall storyline.

The twins, Ben and Chase Dawson, finally have their own story. They've been sent by Julian Lodge to one of his resorts where a murder has taken place. Their job is to get to the bottom of what happened and, oh by the way, keep an eye on Natalie Buchanan, the submissive who's been accused of the murder.

Ben and Chase had me laughing from the get go, these two are the ying to the other's yang. I really enjoyed their chemistry and their conversations. Their introduction to Natalie is Oak classic, it just doesn't a lot better than a little identity confusion for setting the tone for the whole - 'she likes you better than me' - conversation that Ben and Chase have. Those were some of the best scenes between these two.

My new hero heroine is pink-haired Natalie, she's tough when she needs to be and I really liked that she didn't allow that developed hardness to invade every aspect of her life. She was just a nice girl who was put in a very very bad position and the way she fought her way out was admirable. I thought her development from being alone in a group of people to eventually appreciating those same people was well done. And her relationship with Ben and Chase, I could definite feel their chemistry in and out of the bedroom (or dungeon.)

I'll start with Chase because he's such a big bad hardass. I couldn't get over how cute and needy he really was under all that gruff and bravado. I really liked that he finally revealed some of his insecurities concerning his and Ben's relationship. Again their twin chemistry was just awesome and made added a lot to the story. Ben the more extroverted of the twins was absolutely rocking my world, talk about smoking HOT. I can’t even express how much these two guys made me laugh and yeah, cry a little bit too.

Overall, I enjoyed Ben, Chase and Natalie’s story and it’s always nice to get an update on the other characters from other installments - this one is full of them.

I still enjoy Oak and the work she’s produced.  She’s not taken the series in a direction that I’m not able to follow and I’m so grateful for that.

Happy Reading folks!

Rating: B

Click to purchase: Amazon
Siren Unleashed
by Sophie Oak
Release Date: October 26, 2012
Publisher: Siren

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 10:18:00 AM CDT , Blogger Angela McCallister said...

I can't believe I missed this release! Thanks for posting. Sophie's one of my top recommended erotica authors, and I really enjoy this series :)

 
At Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 10:19:00 AM CDT , Blogger Angela McCallister said...

I can't believe I missed this release! Thanks for posting. Sophie's one of my top recommended erotica authors, and I really enjoy this series :)

 
At Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 10:56:00 AM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

You're welcome Angela. It's a good one!

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home