Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Review: Game for Marriage

Reviewed by Shelly
 
This was my second Erickson book and I can officially say that I’m now a confirmed fan of her work. This was a fun read that went by very quickly.

Although Sheridan Harper owns an artist studio in Carmel-by-the-Sea, it doesn’t mean that she’s by any means well to do. In fact, after inheriting the studio from her grandmother a year earlier, she’s hurting for money. One day while she’s at a local market doing some work that will hopefully generate business, Sheridan meets ‘superstar’ Jared Quinn, the starting QB for the San Jose Hawks. Jared has a bit of a playboy reputation in the gossip magazines and the only way that the new team owner wants to fix it is by having Jared marry – hmmm…it’s the new version of pay for play.

I really liked Sheridan. When she meets Jared, she’s a bit star struck, but then again ,who wouldn’t be with all that manliness right in your face? With the help of her best friend Willow’s cotton candy martini – doesn’t that just sound yummy? – Sheridan ends up handling her business very well. Even though I’m not a big fan of the sex on the first date kind of girl, I didn’t think she went over the slut-o-meter too much. (Hey, I’m not judgin’.)

I was actually surprised that I liked Jared as a person and not just as an object of Sheridan’s lust. He had hopes, dreams, and friends that he cared about - just a regular nice guy who happens to have a ton of money and good looks including that body – sigh. I gotta say this: thank you Erickson for not going on and on (and on and on) about his looks, nothing pisses me off more than that.

Together Sheridan and Jared were a fun couple. There are a lot of outside of the bedroom scenes, so we do get to see them falling in love, which I completely enjoyed. There’s a baking scene that just made me laugh out loud because we’ve all been there. Don’t fret, there are still enough in the bedroom scenes to make it all worthwhile.

I’m looking forward to the next book in the series; hoping it’s going to be about Sheridan’s best friend Willow and a certain TE.

Happy Reading folks!

Rating: B  

*ARC provided by publisher for review

Click to purchase: Amazon
Game for Marriage
by Karen Erickson
Release Date: January 11, 2013
Publisher: Entangled

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 9:24:00 PM CST , Blogger Allison said...

Great review, Shelly!

 
At Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 1:01:00 PM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Thanks you!

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home