Thursday, February 7, 2013

Review: Keeper of the Key

Reviewed by Shelly
 
One day, while she’s going about her everyday business in her book store Widow Katherine Collins gets a letter from her dead husband, Tom. In the letter, Tom has given Kate some clues to follow and one of them leads her to Xander. Born a vampire, Xander becomes both protector and lover for Kate. Will these two end up together or will Kate’s family secrets keep them apart?

A very fast paced story, I read this in a very short time span and was glad I did. Once Kate’s adventure starts, there’s not a lot of down time for her. After discovering the existence of Shangri La from Xander, Kate is on the run to save both Shangri La and to find out what dastardly deeds her father has in store. Kate is mentally and emotionally a strong woman, especially in light of her husband’s recent death. She’s got a quiet, dare I say ole school librarian way about her --from the clothes to her love of books-- that I really enjoyed. I thought the writing for her was smartly done and allowed her personality to come through loud and clear.

I wasn’t sure about Xander and his motives for bonding Kate to him. I thought it was interesting, his timing for doing that. But most surprising to me, I was a little disappointed that these two jumped into bed so soon. Of course, this was promptly followed by the dreaded ‘I love you’ – Kate didn’t know him well enough to say that she loved him, lusted after him yes, but love, no.

I’m really hoping that there’s a follow up to this because I would like to find out more about Kate and her brother Devon's relationship; Crystal the werewolf and Devon’s relationship; and my fav - Trevor of the Nymphs (can’t wait for him to charm the wrong person).

The sex was frequent and hot. If you’re looking for a little paranormal romance and vampires with your bed time snack, this would be an good choice.

Happy Reading Folks!

Rating: B

*ARC provided by author for review

Click to purchase: Amazon
Keeper of the Key
by Debra Smith
Release Date: November 15, 2012
Publisher: Pink Petal Books

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, February 8, 2013 at 8:56:00 AM CST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for taking the time to review my book. It is always a pleasure and your honest reviews help me to improve. Happy Reading!

Sincerely,
Debra Smith

 
At Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 10:43:00 AM CST , Blogger Shelly said...

You're very welcome. It was a joy to read this story that you penned.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home