Friday, January 18, 2013

Review: Primal Possession

Reviewed by Jen
 
I have to admit. I didn't love Alpha Instinct. But I am glad I gave this second installment in the Moon Shifter series a try, because I enjoyed this one much more.

I was already invested in a Liam-December pairing, since I read the set up for their romance in the last book.  Liam is second-in-command to his brother's wolf-shifter pack, and December is the human sister of the town sheriff.  The two were attracted to each other from the beginning, but December tried to keep Liam at arm's length. He doesn't know it, but a shifter killed her younger brother and to begin a relationship with a wolf would alienate her surviving sibling in a way she could not bear.

But December is in danger from an anti-paranormal group who has targeted her from her association with Liam.  Now he must stay close to her to keep her safe.  And the more time they spend with each other, the more he breaks down the walls she tries to maintain around her heart.

I liked Liam a lot. Yes, he is alpha and possessive, but he isn't an overbearing jerk. He tries to see things through December's eyes and makes concessions where he can.  He is clearly crazy about her, and he doesn't give up on the connection he knows they have.  (Yeah, he does get a little boneheaded at the end, but I forgive him.)  I liked December as well, though perhaps not quite as much as I did Liam.  It was hard to watch her rebuff him, even though I understood why she did it.  The sexual tension is great and the love scenes are awesome.

In addition to the primary romance --and some pretty good action-- there is also a strong secondary story brewing for the next book.  Kat and Jayce had me at hello. Seriously, there is so much delicious angst there, I am very excited for their story. I only pray there is no love triangle Aiden. (Please no!!)  I will definitely be reading Mating Instinct.  Like now.

Rating: B+

Click to purchase: Amazon
Primal Possession
by Katie Reus
Release Date: September 4, 2012
Publisher: Signet Eclipse

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, January 18, 2013 at 10:43:00 AM CST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liam was so adorable. Well, except for the bonehead moment at the end but I forgave him :-)

I didn't get the feel that there would be a love triangle with Aiden but if there is I'll stop reading the series. It wouldn't seem right.


Paranormal Haven

 
At Friday, January 18, 2013 at 3:01:00 PM CST , Blogger Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

I've got book 1 sitting on my bookshelf. I picked it up thru at B&N paperback sale last year. Sigh. So many books to read.

 
At Friday, January 18, 2013 at 4:40:00 PM CST , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I only worried about that reading this one, but I am happy to report that there was no triangle in Mating Instinct at all!

 
At Friday, January 18, 2013 at 4:40:00 PM CST , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I didn't love the first book, but I did enjoy books two and three!

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home