Friday, October 26, 2012

5 For Friday - October 26

Happy Friday, everybody. I hope you guys are having a fantastic week.  With the changes at work, I've found myself cramming almost all of my reading time into the weekends.  I recently wrapped up How Beauty Met the Beast, and I am already anxious to pick up book two.  Waiting is not my forte. And speaking of waiting...

5. I feel like I am going to die if I don't get my Qhuay love soon. JR Ward has released the back cover copy for Lover at Last.

Qhuinn, son of no one, is used to being on his own. Disavowed from his bloodline, shunned by the aristocracy, he has finally found an identity as one of the most brutal fighters in the war against the Lessening Society. But his life is not complete. Even as the prospect of having a family of his own seems to be within reach, he is empty on the inside, his heart given to another....

Blay, after years of unrequited love, has moved on from his feelings for Qhuinn. And it’s about time: The male has found his perfect match in a Chosen female, and they are going to have a young- just as Qhuinn has always wanted for himself. It’s hard to see the new couple together, but building your life around a pipe dream is just a heartbreak waiting to happen. As he’s learned firsthand.

Fate seems to have taken these vampire soldiers in different directions... but as the battle over the race’s throne intensifies, and new players on the scene in Caldwell create mortal danger for the Brotherhood, Qhuinn finally learns the true definition of courage, and two hearts who are meant to be together... finally become one.

I am imploding.  Can someone fast forward time to March?

4. Apparently, Gena Showalter revealed the cover for her second Angels of the Dark book last week and I missed it!! (Bad Jen.)


Beauty Awakened is Koldo's book. It's out February 26th.

3. The wait is almost over for Karen Marie Moning's Iced.  The book trailer is out and KMM is dropping little teasers from the book all over her Facebook page.


Iced releases Tuesday.

2.  Kresley Cole is sharing an extended sneak peek of her upcoming IAD spinoff book, Shadow's Claim.


She's got the first five chapters up on her Facebook page. It's under the Members Only tab. Shadow's Claim is only a month away...

1A new interview with Vampire Diaries star Nina Dobrev says at least one or two more main characters are set to die this season on the show.


There aren't really that many main characters left alive.  There's Bonnie, Matt, and Jeremy. Am I missing anyone else?  Everyone else is already dead or part vampire.  I would guess Matt is going be the one to go, but people have been saying that for years and he's still around.  Got any predictions?

That's it for now!

XOXO,
Jen

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Friday, October 26, 2012 at 9:09:00 AM CDT , Blogger Amber I @ Awesomesauce said...

I can not wait for Iced! I have it preordered and will drop everything once its here. I am just way too curious about this book. Kinda nervous for it too.

 
At Friday, October 26, 2012 at 10:19:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

I'm cool with Bonnie, Matt and or Jeremy dying.

As I do my re-read of the Fever series I wonder if V'Lane will be the one freezing peeps? If you remember when he gets pissed things get cold and icy....Can't wait.

Can't wait for March too. I've been getting the BDB on my Nook cuz they are cheaper than the hardbacks but if JR Ward is going to be at RT2013 then I'll get the hardback so she can sign it.

 
At Friday, October 26, 2012 at 10:23:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

Does the cast pic of TVD remind you of one that True Blood did a season or two ago?

 
At Friday, October 26, 2012 at 10:29:00 AM CDT , Blogger Underworld Love Addiction said...

Yes Jennifer, it totally does.
I am so anxious for Lover at Last amd Iced. I'm hoping the ebook of Iced is available at midnight so I can start it Monday night. Although, I have to get up at 5 the next day so maybe that's not such a great idea. I didn't read the first 27 pages yet... figure if I have to pay $14 for it I want to have plenty to read :( I have read her teasers she's been posting though. I of course love the one where Ryodan bites her :)

 
At Friday, October 26, 2012 at 10:31:00 AM CDT , Blogger Underworld Love Addiction said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Friday, October 26, 2012 at 12:01:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

A little. It's very stylized.

Good observation about V'Lane! I didn't think of that.

 
At Friday, October 26, 2012 at 12:01:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I am very nervous, Amber. I have never loved Danni & she is sooo young.

 
At Friday, October 26, 2012 at 12:02:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I usually download the big books at midnight too. But I am thinking of scheduling a vacation day for the Lover at Last release.

 
At Friday, October 26, 2012 at 7:55:00 PM CDT , Blogger Kristilyn (Reading In Winter) said...

I really need to start reading that J. R. Ward series -- I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't read it yet!

Nooo for TVD! It better not be Damon ... I'm still holding out hope that him and Elena get together!

 
At Friday, October 26, 2012 at 9:32:00 PM CDT , Blogger Underworld Love Addiction said...

Whoever decided books should be released on a Tuesday instead of Friday needs to be shot ;)

 
At Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 5:05:00 PM CDT , Blogger Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I'm still making my way through the J.R. Ward series and I understand the excitement now.

On TVD, I'm thinking it is Bonnie and one of the Vampires. I'm not sure of the name of the actress who plays Bonnie but I noticed that she has a lot of other projects out. I'm thinking she wants to move on.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home