Friday, October 19, 2012

5 for Friday - October 19

It's my last day of working overnights and I have to tell you that I have really missed you guys.  Sleeping when everyone else is awake has seriously cut back on my Twitter time, and more changes at work are ahead.  A promotion (yay!) is moving me to a permanent 4am-1pm shift.  I'll be able to sleep close to human hours, but I am going to have to find a new time to troll my dirty Tumblr.  Don't worry! I won't abandon my sexy men.

5. I am crying on the inside as I tell you that the release of book three in the Crossfire series is delayed.  (*sobs*) That means we now have to wait an extra five months to see if Gideon and Eva can sort through their crazy-cakes and make it work between them. Reflected in You definitely left me wanting more.


Entwined With You (theoretically) ends my suffering May 7th.

4. My girl Amanda Bonilla has a new novella out, called The Sweetest Torture.

Thirty years ago, when the sultry and headstrong Cait left Logan Paige, the Alpha cougar shapeshifter of his Montana pride, his entire world came crashing down. He couldn’t explain where he’d been the previous night or why there was a strange woman in his bed…because he had no memory of the night before. Wounded and betrayed, Cait refused to listen to Logan’s excuses and walked straight out of his life…determined to exact her revenge on the sexy cougar who had crushed her heart. With a little help from her influential father, she made sure that Logan’s business, as well as his life, crumbled into ruins. Hell hath no fury, indeed.

But now it’s thirty years later and two of Montana’s most powerful cougar prides are on the brink of war. A tenuous peace is reached, but it’s dependent on Cait and Logan marrying on All Hallow’s Eve. Spitfire Cait has her own plans of revenge…using her feminine wiles to turn Logan into a purring kitty lapping cream at her feet. And Logan has his schemes to regain control and dominate like the Alpha he is…

When they realize that the erotic passion between them is still so intense, Logan and Cait will have to decide if dwelling in the past is worth sacrificing the future…

It's a freebie at ARe.

3. An update on the Chronicles of Nick movie.  Sherrilyn Kenyon now has the script for it in her hands and is working on it with the producers.


What I am really waiting for is info on the Dark Hunters series. Bring on Acheron!!!

2.  Charlaine Harris has released the cover for Dead Ever After, the next (and final) book in her Sookie Stackhouse series.


I will be shocked if Sookie ends up with anyone but Sam, but I suppose only time will tell. Dead Ever After is out May 7th.

1. Is there a Twilight tv-show in the works?  Maybe. There's talk of “TV show or film spin-off, merely set in the same world as the one in the movies but not featuring the main trio.”



Maybe they'll focus on the wolf pack. What do you guys think? Are you down for more Twilight or should the franchise call it quits?

Gotta run!

XOXO,
Jen





Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At Friday, October 19, 2012 at 8:48:00 AM CDT , Blogger Allison said...

As much as I love Sookie, I'm glad the series is finally ending. I don't think I could take any more.

I love Twilight series even more but NO! No to the TV show! Too much & what would be the point without Jacob & Edward? I don't care that much about Forks...

Great 5 for 5, Jen! Happy Friday!

 
At Friday, October 19, 2012 at 9:32:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

Twilight needs to END.

Sookie should have ended a couple of books ago IMO. I won't read it since Deadlock was a DNF for me. I'll just ask my friend to sum up the ending for me.

Thanks for letting us know about Amanda's freebie novella. I'll download it tonight when I get home.

Have a great weekend!

 
At Friday, October 19, 2012 at 10:11:00 AM CDT , Blogger Amber I @ Awesomesauce said...

I haven't read the last 2 Sookie books because the story just lost its way with me. I am like Jennifer I will just ask someone to sum it up for me.

And Twilight really needs to end. They can only drag things out for so long before even the most die hard fan gets sick of it. Maybe Stephanie should like write more books and they can use that. I think her book The Host is getting a movie.

 
At Friday, October 19, 2012 at 10:13:00 AM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have mixed feelings about a DH series. It'll be so easy for them to mess everything up. I'm trying to keep the faith but who how could anyone be Acheron??

 
At Friday, October 19, 2012 at 10:43:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Thank you. I agree with you on the need for both to end!

 
At Friday, October 19, 2012 at 10:44:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Yeah. I have to read the last one. I am so bad at letting a series go. Especially since it's the last one.

 
At Friday, October 19, 2012 at 10:45:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I've heard that about a movie on The Host... but I never read that one.

 
At Friday, October 19, 2012 at 10:45:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I know, right? I am dying to see who they cast. I always think of Travis Fimmel in my head when I think of Ash.

 
At Friday, October 19, 2012 at 11:31:00 AM CDT , Blogger Goldilox said...

The new Sookie cover looks silly to me. Its like someone tried to throw in as many things as they could and every color on their palette. And you really think she'll end up with Sam? That would make me kind of mad since they've never really had a straight out romantic relationship.

Twilight TV show? gag. I hop they leave the franchise with the last movie. Leave things on a high note instead of ruining it.

Happy Friday! :)

 
At Friday, October 19, 2012 at 11:33:00 AM CDT , Blogger Goldilox said...

I really liked The Host. Completely different than Twilight. I'm looking forward to the movie a lot!

 
At Friday, October 19, 2012 at 6:46:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am excited to see Quinn's tail on the Sookie cover. I've been pissed ever since he got run off so unceremoniously. I admit, I have not read the past 2 books bc the series started to blow. But, I HUGELY RESPECT her decision to END it, and am now kinda excited to see how it ends!

 
At Friday, October 19, 2012 at 6:53:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I really do. I think she has been building toward a Sam HEA from the beginning.

 
At Friday, October 19, 2012 at 6:54:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I feel the SAME WAY about Quinn. (Is it sad that I wanted to put an "h" in there?) He got a bum deal and the reason she dumped him was stupid and unfair.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home