Saturday, August 25, 2012

Review: Enslave

Reviewed by Jen
 
Andreu has no desire settle down and fall in love. He wants to revel in the vampire lifestyle, enjoying blood and sex on his own terms.  In fact, he plans on opening his own vampire-erotic club --one like his brother's Vampirerotique-- where he expects money and success to roll in at his feet.

Varya doesn't even think she is capable of a relationship. After all, she is a succubus and love isn't in their vocabulary. She sneaks in Vampirerotique, hoping only to be titillated by the sexy stage show. But instead, she spots Andreu in the theater and is instantly enthralled.  She must know what it's like to kiss him, though she knows better than to consort with a vampire.  Andreu is just as captivated by her and when they finally come together, neither wants it to end.

Somehow, though, Andreu is able to find the control to pull away. From then on out, the two are constantly fighting the pull to succumb to their desires.

This book is hot. Really hot.  From the sexual interactions between Andreu and Varya to the onstage performances, Felicity Heaton pulls no punches and burns up the pages.   The chemistry between Andreu and Varya is fantastic, but their fast-track to love is a bit too... well, fast.  Both characters are likable. And Andreu is just the right amount of snarly alpha without going too far. He straddles the line once or twice, but he has self-control and ultimately puts Varya first.

I found myself very intrigued by some of the secondary characters, like Payne and (especially) Snow. As a new reader, it was very obvious I was jumping into an established series because previously featured couples do appear. And I will admit, I was a little overwhelmed trying to take in all of the characters through Varya's eyes at the beginning of story. Then the sexual element took over and I was sucked in.  I did mention the really hot sexy times, right?

Overall, I enjoyed it. A fast, easy, sexy read.

Rating: B-

*ARC provided by author for review  


Click to purchase: Amazon
Enslave
by Felicity Heaton
Release Date: August 4, 2012

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 11:33:00 AM CDT , Blogger Amber I @ Awesomesauce said...

This series is super HOT! I love it. When I read the first book I swear it was like 50% sex. And I love Snow. He is just so mysterious.

 
At Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 4:53:00 PM CDT , Blogger Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

This sounds like a good book. I've not read the other books in the series. I will have to add them to my list.

 
At Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 8:21:00 PM CDT , Blogger Underworld Love Addiction said...

Couldn't agree with your review more. Super hot series although it does feel a little rushed occasionally but I don't think there's anyway around that with a shorter book like this. Can't wait for Snow's story. You get to know a lot more about him in the book right before this one.

 
At Friday, August 31, 2012 at 12:05:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I am a Snow fan too! So intriguing.

 
At Friday, August 31, 2012 at 12:06:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

If you try them, come back and let me know what you think!

 
At Friday, August 31, 2012 at 12:06:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Hmm. Maybe I need to go back and read that one. Me likey the Snow.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home