Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Review: Bed, Breakfast and You

Reviewed by Allison
 
Suzie Schul learning to love life again after her scum of the earth husband left her for her younger, prettier, pregnant sister. She owns & manages a sweet little B&B in her hometown of Legend, Tennessee. Things are beginning to make sense again...until her latest guest shows up. The ever sexy, black shirt wearing, motorcycle riding, jet black hair stud from her 2 month fling before she knew her husband was going to leave her, Brad Matthews.

The thing that I loved the most was that Brad was, as Suzie comes to call him, "the man with a plan" - he came to Legend to win Suzie back, to bring some life into their little town, & to fulfill his dreams. There were a couple of times where I wanted to smack him upside the head & say, "What about HER dreams?!" but I loved how it worked out in the end. Since it was a novella, there wasn't as much conflict or flip flopping "should I or shouldn't I?" which on one hand was refreshing, especially since they already had history, but on the other hand, I would've loved to see them develop a relationship a bit more fully before hopping in bed. 

Although I wish this novella had been longer, it is still definitely worth picking up with it's perfect blend of lust & romance, it was just what I was looking for!

Rating: A-

Click to purchase: Amazon
Bed, Breakfast & You
by Maddie James
Release Date: February 13, 2011
Publisher: Turquoise Morning Press

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 1:36:00 PM CDT , Blogger DarienMoya said...

What! That sister, what kinda of a sister is that? Glad she found love again but that sister =_= LOL

 
At Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 7:31:00 PM CDT , Blogger Shelly said...

Great review, makes me wanna read it...I agree with Darien those darn sisters...

 
At Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 8:52:00 PM CDT , Blogger Allison said...

I agree, I didn't like her either & I never met her! It was a cute town & such a cute story! I will definitely look into reading the rest of this series :) Wish those covers were prettier though.

 
At Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 7:16:00 PM CDT , Blogger Maddie James said...

Hi! I just discovered this review. Thank you so much for posting and am very glad you liked my story. You might be interested to know that Chelly, Suzie's sister does redeem herself in her own book called, Home for the Holidays, a Christmas story to be re-released this fall. Chelly really isn't an awful person, she just made a very bad choice!

Again, many thanks for the review. I'm grateful.

mj

 
At Monday, July 30, 2012 at 8:26:00 AM CDT , Blogger Allison said...

Hi, Maddie! I'm glad you found it :) Thanks for letting us all know that Chelly redeems herself! My sister may not be my favorite person ever, but I know she'd never steal my husband! LOL

If you're looking for a reviewer this fall when you re-release the story, let me know, I'd be happy to review it for you. You can find my email under "About Us"

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home