Friday, July 13, 2012

5 for Friday - July 13

The Authors After Dark convention is getting so close, I can practically taste it! (For those of you who are curious, it tastes suspiciously like a Pat O'Brien's Hurricane.) But I am trying not to obsess.  This week has gone by pretty fast, thanks in part to an unplanned visit to New Orleans to visit my mom and take in a family crab-boil.  While I was there, she pulled up the blog on her computer, read a couple of posts and said, "You can be a little funny." (*pause*) "Who knew?" Thanks, Mom.

5. Kresley Cole has announced the next book in her Immortals After Dark series! Macrieve will be Uilleam's story.  (That's one of the Lykae twins who we last saw escaping the prison-island in Dreams of a Dark Warrior.)


I'm always down with the Lykae and I will read anything from Kresley Cole.  But I was kind of hoping for a Lanthe and Thronos book to be next.  Some people have said they thought it would be Kristoff and Furie, but I'm expecting them toward the end... maybe right before a big finale featuring Nix.  I won't bitch too much, though. I was dreadfully unexcited by the idea of a Carrow book with a hero I had never heard of, and Demon from the Dark ended up being my favorite book in the series so far. Macrieve will be out May 14th.

This seems like a good time to trot out my picture with Paul Marron, no?


I can wait to see what dude will end up on the Macrieve cover. Maybe I'll get to snuggle with him too.

4. I really enjoyed The Hunger Games --the book and the movie. Mockingjay is a whole 'nother story.  I will spare you the rant about how much I hated the ending of the series and jump to the part where Lionsgate has announced they are splitting the movie into two parts.


Yack.  It's not worth two movies.  It's the same length as the other two books and it was the most unappealing of the three.  Boo.

3. Onto more pleasant news, there is a new trailer out for the next season of Sons of Anarchy.


Jen is in her happy place.

2. Speaking of my happy place, Channing Tatum says there is gonna be a sequel to Magic Mike.  As I said on Twitter, I hope the filmmakers learn from their mistakes in the first movie: less "plot," more stripping.  Someone told me this may be a prequel.  I'm ok with that.  I'd love an excuse for Joe Manganiello and Matt Bomer to get some more screen time.

But if we go with a new crop, let me recommend my casting: Jared Padalecki, Jason Momoa, Charlie Hunnam, and Zac Efron as the new "kid."  Oh yeah, and Channing Tatum. You can't have a Magic Mike movie without Mike.

Now I have myself all aflutter. Any thoughts on your fantasy casting?

1. And in one more piece of movie news, Michael Fassbender has announced plans to co-produce and star in the adaptation of Assassin's Creed.



For those unfamiliar with the game, it follows Desmond Miles, as "an unwilling participant in an experiment wherein he's forced to live out the memories of his assassin ancestors."* I wonder if he'll be naked.


Have a great weekend.

XOXO,
Jen

*I totally stole that Assassin's Creed description from MTV.com.


Labels: , , , ,

22 Comments:

At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 8:31:00 AM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great 5, Jen!

Magic Mike 2 as a prequel? Yes please. I hope you're right. And of course you're funny. Aren't moms the best? :P

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 8:37:00 AM CDT , Blogger BookaholicCat said...

Let's not forget Magic Mike the Broadway Play. To that one I'll go without a doubt.
We are almost there... NOLA here I come....

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 9:13:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Ah, thank you! It's so much nicer when someone pays you a compliment without that air of disbelief in their voice.

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 9:14:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I don't know about a play... unless they get down in the audience and start giving lap dances. I could go for that.

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 9:16:00 AM CDT , Blogger Mandi said...

In my top ten later, I have my casting too for MM2. GIGGLE. You can tell what is important to us!!!

My hubs loves Assassin Creed. I love Fassy. This is a perfect mix. ;)

AAD is almost heeeeeeeeeere!!! :)

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 9:18:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I can't wait to see who you picked, Mandi!! And I love that I don't even have to wonder if there will be pictures. It's a given!! (I'll be there will bells on.)

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 9:41:00 AM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I really, REALLY wanted to go to AAD this year, it just didn't work out. Assuming all things going according to plan we'll be attending next year *fingers and toes crossed*

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 10:01:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I hate that you don't get to be there. I'll cross my fingers for next time!

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 11:35:00 AM CDT , Blogger Nat (Lendo Romances) said...

That's so cool you got to see Kresley Cole- and paul ;)
I hope you enjou AAD, did you go last year?

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 11:39:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

No, this is my first year. I can't wait to meet everyone!

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 12:10:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

I can't wait for AAD!!!! And to finally meet you in person. (Need to save up bail $$)

I need to get caught up on the IAD series. I stopped at book 3. I'm waiting for the others to come out in audio since I really enjoy the narrator.

Why didn't you post my Tumblr find? ;p

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 12:21:00 PM CDT , Blogger Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

Hi Jen,

I hope you have fun at the AAD convention!

I'm so jealous you got to meet Kresley and Paul!

I really like the Assassin's Creed series and was really happy to hear it's getting a movie adaption. Hmm I've heard of Michael Fassbender and what a great actor he is so I'm curious to check him out!

Enjoy your weekend!

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 12:44:00 PM CDT , Blogger Amber Hughes said...

Two movies for Mockingjay? Seriously? It wasn't a huge book like Breaking Dawn or Harry Potter's last book. I didn't dislike the book, but I don't even understand this.

Yes to more stripping for MM2! LOL! I'm all for Jason Momoa & Zac Efron too :-)

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 12:46:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Um, because you send me some really nasty shit, Jennifer!

You do need to catch up on you IAD. That series is so amazing. And I'm excited to meet you too. Don't worry about bail. I'll call my mom if I get arrested. LOL.

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 12:49:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

It was fantastic to meet them. Kresley was so friendly and down to earth and Paul was very sweet, especially considering how many women were just drooling all over him.

I've heard Fassbender showed off a giant wang in Shame but I can't speak at all to his acting skills. (I have my priorities, it seems.)

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 12:50:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Greedy greedy film-makers!

Zac Efron has grown up rather nicely, hasn't he?

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 12:55:00 PM CDT , Blogger Amber Hughes said...

Yes, he most certainly has...I call him my cougar crush. Haha!

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 6:36:00 PM CDT , Blogger Amber I @ Awesomesauce said...

I want a prequel to Magic Mike. Just so I can see more of Channing stripping.

And I hated how Mocking Jay ended!! I can't believe how bad it was. I was so mad.

I need to read Kresley Cole books. I am so out of the loop.

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 9:44:00 PM CDT , Blogger AP said...

I cannot wait for the new IAD, I was kind of hoping for Lanthe as well but I guess its not meant to be yet. She did say she is getting a book tho. Jelly you met KC!

Ohh a prequel of Magic Mike would be great poor Joe can't dance tho! haha

I also did not like the ending of Mockingjay. I may be alone in this but I wanted Katniss to go her own way. I didnt feel her love for Peeta any more then I did for Gayle (sp?) and I think its ridiculous that it's being split into 2 parts. It wasnt a 2 part book! Its not like Breaking Dawn that is obviously 2 parts. But whatev's it'll get my money anyway. Le sigh

I'm so jealous about AAD! I was supposed to go but had to back out because I'm being sent to Vegas (oh darn) for work and then going on a Girls Trip at the end of Aug. But I am going to the RWA Auther signing in a couple of weeks. Over 400 authers signing including Nalini Singh! I'm so super excited to meet her.

-Amanda P
Paranormal Romance

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 10:07:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

You haven't read Kresley Cole?? (*gasp*) You must remedy this immediately!! Go read A Hunger Like No Other RIGHT NOW!!!

 
At Friday, July 13, 2012 at 10:09:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

KC was amazing. I can't say enough nice things about her.

I'm sorry your AAD plans didn't work out but you are super-lucky to be going to RWA! I can't make it to that one, but I am going to RT in 2013. Look out, Kansas City!!

 
At Sunday, July 15, 2012 at 9:21:00 PM CDT , Blogger Amber I @ Awesomesauce said...

I have that book on my shelf. I know I need to read it. I will I promnise.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home