5 for Friday - July 20
Happy Friday! Today's the day I go down in history as either the Best Mother in the World or the Worst. For an early 7th birthday present, I bought my son tickets to go see WWE Raw. I only bought two, so he can go with the hubs but they allegedly have some autograph signings or something for the kids first, so I am tagging along for that. Some of these dudes are built like shit-brick-houses, so I'll let you know if I see anything worth reporting.
5. I am getting more and more excited about this upcoming Styxx book from Sherrilyn Kenyon.
|Photo Source: Sherrilyn Kenyon's Facebook Page|
2013 is so far away!!
4. Which brings me to that other book I am waiting for with baited breath... Lover At Last. JR Ward posted the following on her Facebook page:
What does this MEAN?? Is he losing his heart? His sock? His cherry as a bottom?? (I could be down with that, by the way.) Ward is trying to keeel me!
3. Speaking of hot m/m action, Jennifer at The Book Nympho tipped me off to this fabulous article on straight girls and gay porn.
I know it doesn't wet everyone's whistle, but it's nice to see I'm in such good company!
2. We've all got our guilty pleasure reads, and mine are Christine Feehan's Carpathian books. I can do no other than to keep reading them. (Only other Feehan readers will get that joke.) Christine has posted the first chapter of Dark Storm on her website. Here are the deets:
Awakening after all this time in a world of absolute darkness and oppressive heat, Dax wonders in how many ways the world above must have changed. But it is how he has changed that fills him with dread and loathing. Buried alive for hundreds of years in a volcano in the Carpathian Mountains, Dax fears that he has become the full-fledged abomination that every Carpathian male fears, a victim of the insidious evil that has crept relentlessly into his mind and body over the centuries. But there are some things that never change.
His name is Mitro, the vampire Dax had hunted all these long centuries. Second in command to the prince of the Carpathian people he is the epitome of everything malevolent, and perpetrator of one of the most shocking killing sprees known to man - and beast. Even his friends and family weren't safe from Mitro's bloodlust. Neither was Mitro's lifemate, Arabejila, an extraordinary woman with extraordinary gifts. But now that Dax has re-emerged, so too has Mitro. The ultimate battle between good and evil has been re-engaged. Between Dax and Mitro, a violent game has begun - one that has marked Riley Parker, the last descendent of Arabejila, as the reward.
Who the hell are these people? I want Skylar and Dmitri. (*whine font*) Feehan jumped ahead 50 years between the first two books. She can jump another 5 years for this one!! Patience is not my greatest strength.
1. And finally, Penguin is giving away a copy of Fury's Kiss before you can buy it!
Fury's Kiss is out October 2nd. The contest runs through August 3rd.