Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Welcome Allison!

As I first told you yesterday, two new Associate Reviewers are joining Red Hot Books.  Now Allison is here to introduce herself. Please help me welcome her to the blog! And if you haven't met Shelly yet, drop by and say hi!

==============================================

Hello, readers! A little about me:

I was born in Wisconsin but am a solid Ohioan at heart, I love Fall in the Midwest! I've been married to the love of my life for four years & look forward to building a family with him. He's from Peru so we speak both English and Spanish at home. My mom is a French teacher, so I grew up with English & French at home - no surprise I love listening to & learning new languages!

I worked at the Public Library for most of my professional life but have recently moved into the corporate world & work as an site integrated planner for CoverGirl; essentially I'm the one who says what mascara to make, how much, & when. I'd try to explain more, but every time I try I literally see eyes glaze over.

My hope & dream is to one day own my own coffee shop/ bookstore so I can do the best of my two favorite jobs I've had - make pretty coffee drinks (I make a mean cappuccino!) as well as talk about & recommend books to people! I have always taken joy in making other people's days & I've found that it's pretty easy to do with a cup of joe & a great book.

I've been reading since I taught myself at age four & haven't stopped since. I have always been & will always be a hopeless romantic so romance is my main genre. Paranormal, Historical, Contemporary, you name it - I like to swoon. A few of my favorites are Lisa Kleypas, Katie MacAlister, & J.R. Ward. I'll branch out occasionally to see what all the fuss is about (I loved The Help!) but no matter what, a well written romance is my idea of the perfect mental vacation. I've considered my own blog but never had the time, so I'm really excited Jen asked me to a part of her blog & hope everyone enjoys my reviews!

Feel free to contact me or follow me on Pinterest or Twitter as I'm on both way more often then I should be!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 12:12:00 PM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome! I look forward to reading your reviews! :-)
--Jenese

http://readersconfession.blogspot.com

 
At Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 12:35:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay at Red Hot Books.

 
At Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 1:27:00 PM CDT , Blogger Allison said...

Thanks, Jenese & Jennifer!

Also forgot to add you can find me on Goodreads, too:

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2802505-lady-allison

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 3:20:00 PM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! I love Jen's blog! Looking forward to seeing what you're gonna share with us.

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 3:21:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Mwah! Thanks Vanessa!

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home