Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Review: Bedeviled

If you liked Ascension, I really think you'll love Bedeviled. It picks up right where the last book left off, and takes readers on a fast paced ride filled with action, mythology, great character evolution... and sex. What more could an Urban Fantasy fan ask for?

When we first met Kyana, she was a reviled Half Breed, part Vampyre, part Lychen. But she used her powerful skills to help the Order protect humanity, and fight the threat that the ancient God Cronus will rise again and wreak havoc on the world. But as this story begins, Ky's identity is changing. She is evolving into the new Goddess of the Hunt, which means she is developing new powers, while losing the attributes of her other species. It's a very difficult time for her. Ky's entire sense of self has been wrapped up in being a half-breed for centuries. The change is shaking her foundation.

Add to that, Kyana is searching for her best friend, Haven. The former witch is now a mixed breed, since Kyana changed her over to save her life. But Haven isn't just a powerful, unstable hybrid... she is also now possessed by Cronus, who is using her abilities to help resurrect his body. Haven is a huge target for all the Gods and tracers of the Order, but only Ky is interested in saving her life.

I enjoyed the book quite a bit. The world-building stays true to the first book... and it's a fun mix of demonology, Greek gods, and various supernaturals --ranging from vamps and shifters to witches and zombies. Ky is a very damaged and complex character. And often, her internal struggle is her greatest weakness. I liked watching Ryker continue to break down her walls. Their relationship is changing and growing... and I really like them together. There's also a great cast of secondary characters that could easily support stories of their own, like Haven, Geoff, and even Silas.

Thankfully, this book didn't end on the same kind of cliffhanger the last one did, but there is clearly more to explore in this story. And I want to read it. If the Dark Breeds series is new to you, I strongly suggest you pick up Ascension first to get the most out of this book. 4 1/2 stars.

*ARC Provided by Avon

Click to purchase: Amazon
Bedeviled
by Sable Grace
Release Date: December 27, 2011
Publisher: Avon

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 9:55:00 AM CST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be starting this one next. I liked Ascension but I didn't love it. It just didn't wow me. It sounds as if I might like this one more. Nice review!

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 8:07:00 PM CST , Blogger Lexi said...

Yes, yes, and yes, I think I will like this book. I better start with Ascension though so I don't miss out.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home