Friday, November 25, 2011

Review: Kiss of Frost

Reviewed by Jen
 
I don't know if I have told you this before, but you really can't go wrong with Jennifer Estep. I love her writing style... it's just so easy to settle into. Her first person narrative is always down-to-earth, believable, and fun. And this book is no exception.

The story picks up just a few months after the point where Touch of Frost left off. And I've got to tell you, my number one goal when I started reading was to determine whether I was going to love Logan or hate him. He really made me angry when he blew Gwen off. And by the time we were halfway into the book, I was ready to start making a voo-doo doll. But I'll get back to Logan in a minute.

The story takes Gwen and her classmates at Mythos Academy on a skiing trip for Winter Carnival. But it's no relaxing vacation for Gwen. Someone was already trying to kill her before they even left and the danger only intensifies when they reach their destination. Gwen tries to distract herself with parties and a new boy, but it's hard to ignore attempts on your life. Fortunately, Gwen's magic is growing, giving her better skills to cope with what she might face.

I'm not usually a YA reader, but I do like this series. It's satisying to watch Gwen start to grow and get stronger. Like I said before, I had a hard time warming up to Logan, seeing as how he had his tongue in another girl's mouth for a large hunk of the story. But I guess I'm coming around --a little. YA or not, I need this little love connection to pick up the pace. It's moving along, but very slowly. Fish or cut-bait, people!

Overall, a good read that opens new doors for the future of the series. 4 stars.

*ARC provided by author

Click to purchase: Amazon or The Book Depository
Kiss of Frost
by Jennifer Estep
Release Date: November 29, 2011
Publisher: Kensington

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Friday, November 25, 2011 at 11:54:00 AM CST , Blogger Grace Fonseca said...

Very nice review. I reviewed this book as well and loved it as well. Good solid review skills.

Grace
Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home