Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Review: The Djinn's Dilemma

Reviewed by Jen
 
This story started out really strong for me.  I am pretty sure it had a lot to do with the hero.  Rukh is a sexy half-djinn assassin who ends up falling for his mark.  Sarah is nothing like the scum he is usually hired to kill.  She is a good person with a bright aura. And he realizes that he must figure out why she has been targeted if he going to be able to save her life.

Ruhk is very, very sexy. He's also broody, with just the right amount of angst.  I like that Sarah is willing and able to not only accept her attraction to him, but to reach out and grab what she wants.  The sexual element between these two burns up the page and I was 100% on board until a little past the half way point of the story.  That's when I felt like it kicked into overdrive.

Once Rukh decided to come clean, the pacing started to feel too rushed. Sarah accepted everything so quickly and made arrangements so fast it made my head spin.  Then, the climax happened without nearly enough build.  And the big reveal on Sarah's heritage felt like it came out of nowhere.  I felt like this story could have been so much better if it had been more developed, especially in the second half.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, because I did.  Especially the sexy times. I just think a little more of a build toward the events in the conclusion could have gone a long way to making it better.

Rating: B-

*Book provided by author for review


Click to purchase: Amazon
The Djinn's Dilemma
by Mina Khan
Release Date: November 1, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Nocturne

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home