Monday, February 18, 2013

Review: Changes In Autumn

Reviewed by Shelly
 
As an ex-cop working in animal control, Autumn Reynolds is used to some strange animal situations. But when one of those animals, a werewolf, shows up at her secluded mountain cabin with a gun shot wound, all of Autumn's training and instincts are put to the test. Connor Grayson is Alpha of his pack but after suffering a life threatening injury he finds himself on the run from one of his own.

This novella is my first from Charles and although I liked it enough, I'm still left wondering about a lot of the 'whys'? It felt like a day in the life of Autumn and Connor.

Autumn is a no-nonsense ex-cop who values animals and had to give up her career because of an on the job injury. Now she's recouping and trying to come to grip with the changes in her life. I enjoyed the promise of what Autumn's character could be, but I was disappointed because I didn't know more about her. I didn't buy that she could be a good cop with the qualifications that cops have and not question more of what was happening to her.

Like Autumn, I though that Connor's character had such great promise, but I felt short-changed in finding out more about him and his pack. The sex between these two was early and frequent.

Overall, I liked this novella but I just didn't think it was the complete story of the individuals that made up this couple.

Happy Reading Folks!

Rating: C

*Book provided by author for review

Click to purchase: Amazon

Changes in Autumn
by Renee Charles
Release Date: October 24, 2012
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home