Monday, April 25, 2011

Need a Recommendation

I need some help finding a book. I am a huge romance fan. Mostly PNR & Historicals.  I like 'em a little dirty... sometimes more than a little dirty.  And I'd like to give m/m a try but I don't really know where to start.

I love, love, love Qhuinn and Blay in the BDB books.  Never in my life did I think I would be so desperate for two guys to get down to business. Yet here I am. Unfulfilled.  I know there is a vast array of m/m books out there, so I need some direction.  I do not enjoy BDSM.  It doesn't really bother me to have more than two people in the bed, though I don't like more than two for a HEA.

I'm not looking for anything socially conscious or sappy or something that's trying to change the world.  I want the m/m version of what I like in a m/f smut-book... which is engaging characters that have great sexual tension and eventually, great sex, with some kind of feelings involved. Paranormal is a plus but certainly not required.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At Monday, April 25, 2011 at 3:05:00 PM CDT , Blogger Brie said...

There are tons of great authors out there. The first m/m books I read were Faith&Fidelity by Tere Michaels and Promises by Marie Sexton. Those are wonderful books (both of them are part of a series) I would recommend those first mostly because I was totally sold on m/m after reading them. Then you have Josh Lanyon, Jane Seville… As I said, tons of amazingly good authors and even better books. All of those are contemporary though, I haven’t read any historical or paranormal m/m, but if you find a good one let me know!

 
At Monday, April 25, 2011 at 3:06:00 PM CDT , Blogger Mandi said...

I have suggestions! :)

The Coda book by Marie Sexton are excellent http://www.goodreads.com/series/49643-coda-books

Anything by LB Gregg - great combo of humor and smut

Grey's Awakening by Cameron Dane

By The Book by Scarlett Parrish (starts out m/m/f but turns into m/m..verra hot)

Ava March writes great historical M/M books. Anything by her.

I hope that helps!

 
At Monday, April 25, 2011 at 3:09:00 PM CDT , Blogger Jen at Red Hot Books said...

Thank you guys so much! Someone on G/R recommended Marie Sexton too, so that's three for three. It looks like that's where I'll start. I appreciate your help!

 
At Monday, April 25, 2011 at 3:14:00 PM CDT , Blogger Brie said...

I think this post is perfect for you:

http://dearauthor.com/features/interviews/interviews-of-mm-historical-romance-authors/

 
At Monday, April 25, 2011 at 3:20:00 PM CDT , Blogger nix said...

I second the faith and fidelity series. I also adored Duck by Kim Dare (anything by her is fab). Jordan Castillo Price's PsyCop series is fabulous too!

 
At Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 7:53:00 PM CDT , Blogger Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

I'm with you on the Quay front Jen. Their storyline encouraged me to make the jump into m/m books. Check out Kallysten's work. I love her. She writes paranormal erotica, m/m, m/f and m/f/m.

 

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home