Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review: Twisted

Reviewed by Jen
 
Rebecca Zanetti definitely knows a thing about creating anticipation! I have been excited for Maggie and Terrent's story since I first saw them face off in Consumed.  I love that Maggie is this klutzy, amnesiac wolf who still manages to get the upper hand over a big bad enforcer like Terrent. I just can't believe he has waited so long the pick things back up.

It's been five years since these two have seen each other. And we find out right away, there is more to their attraction than we ever realized.  Terrence KNEW Maggie before she lost her memory.  Even better (or worse, depending on how you look at it) --they were in love.  Now, he is ready to put their relationship back on the front burner.  This, as she tries to infiltrate his pack, to sniff out who is behind some inoculations that were tampered with.

I thought it was cool that there was more depth to their connection, but I had some trouble with the idea of Terrent staying away from his great love for 10 years.  Yeah, his job is important and all, but that bothered me.  Setting that aside, I did enjoy the sexual tension and the hot sex between these two. I could do without the spanking/ dominating scene, but the other encounters were great.  There is also some pretty good banter.  Maggie is sassy and smart.  I like that she gives as good as she gets with Terrent. I also like that she isn't powerless in their relationship, even though Terrent is so strong and alpha.

Over the course of the story, we learn about Maggie's history --and Terrent's too-- which is kind of interesting. (I wonder if that is going to be incorporated more into the series.)  And we get a few Jase and Dage cameos, which I was happy about.  The ending takes a bit of an obvious route, but in the end, I was pretty satisfied with how it all turned out.    At first, I was disappointed this love story would not have a full length book, but I think it was served well as a novella.

Rating: B

*ARC Provided by Kensington via NetGalley

Click to purchase: Amazon
Twisted
by Rebecca Zanetti
Release Date: June 20, 2013
Publisher: Kensington

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free zone. But your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home